Foundation / Corporation
Eastern Shore of Virginia Community Foundation (ESVCF)
Grants of up to $50,000 to Virginia nonprofit organizations on the Eastern Shore for education, the arts, human services, civic engagement, health, and the environment. Applicants must submit a concept proposal. Highest priority will be given to requests in Accomack and Northampton counties and for specific capital projects, such as buildings, renovations, and equipment needs that meet the Foundation’s grantmaking goals and provide a long-term community benefit.
The Foundation's focus areas are:
- Family, Child, and Social Welfare – to improve the quality of life for families and communities, particularly in the areas of basic human needs
- Public and Civic Life – to preserve and increase access to unique community assets
- Arts and Culture – to promote broad-based participation in arts and cultural activities
- Education – to improve students’ readiness to learn and ability to succeed in school and life
- Health – to support healthcare services and wellness education through community-based organizations
- Environment – to support environmental preservation and education
The Foundation considers numerous criteria in reviewing grant proposals. For example, does the organization:
- Benefit a meaningful number of people through the project in relation to its cost?
- Assist those whose needs are not met by existing services?
- Obtain matching gifts or additional funding from other sources to implement and sustain the project?
- Promote collaboration among agencies?
- Strive to strengthen or improve agency self-sufficiency or efficiency?
- Evaluate the outcomes of its programs?
From time to time, the Foundation may participate in special initiatives that focus on a priority community need. These initiatives may involve one-time collaborative funding or a special program that continues for a prescribed time period.
GrantWatch ID#: 171289
A maximum of $50,000 for each grant may be requested.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To submit a concept proposal form:
For questions, contact:
Julie M. Badger
Eastern Shore of Virginia Community Foundation
P. O. Box 205
Onley, Virginia 23418
USA: Virginia: Eastern Shore