Foundation / Corporation
Greater Chapin Community Endowment (GCCE) and Central Carolina Community Foundation
03/31/19 11:59 PM
Grants to South Carolina nonprofit, faith-based, and educational organizations and agencies serving the Greater Chapin area, including Chapin, White Rock, Ballentine, Prosperity, Peak, and other nearby communities. Grants are intended for projects in arts and culture, environment, community development, education, and health and wellness.
Greater Chapin Community Endowment grants address a broad range of charitable needs for the greater Chapin community. The goal of the grants is to uplift and strengthen organizations who are addressing critical needs within the greater Chapin area.
Examples of Eligible Activities:
- Develop competencies and skills enabling individuals to live fuller, more productive lives in the Greater Chapin community
- Leverage other funding through the use of matching grants
- Provide opportunities for underserved populations
- Demonstrate systems or approaches to build on individual, family, or community strengths
GrantWatch ID#: 171437
There is not a maximum grant request amount, however the average amount of grants awarded in the previous year was $1,000.
June 1 – Grant Period Starts
December 31 – Grant Period Ends
Organizations must be determined as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, public entities or other charitable, educational, or faith-based organizations.
Organizations must serve the Greater Chapin area: Ballentine, Chapin, Little Mountain, Peak, Prosperity, and White Rock.
This Grant Will Not Fund
- Debt reduction
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Medical research
- Projects that restrict participation on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, parental status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, or gender expression.
- February 15, 2019 - Application Opens
- March 31, 2019 - Application Closes
- By May 31 – Applicants notified of Application Status (note: declinations will be emailed)
- June 1 – Grant Period Starts
- December 31 – Grant Period Ends
Please note, mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Prior to applying, organizations are encouraged to thoroughly review all information about this grant on the Community Foundation’s website.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application: https://yourfoundation.wufoo.com/forms/mua7gnk185m0ya/
For further information, please contact Jamesha Shackerford 803.509.5073, or email Jamesha@yourfoundation.org.
USA: South Carolina: Greater Chapin Area - Chapin, Ballentine, White Rock, Peak, Prosperity and other nearby communities