Grants to South Carolina nonprofit, faith-based, and educational organizations and public agencies for charitable programs to benefit residents in eligible regions. Funding is intended to support activities that address critical community needs. Programs should benefit the Greater Chapin area, which includes Chapin, White Rock, Ballentine, Prosperity, Peak, and other nearby communities.
Examples of Eligible Activities:
Develop competencies and skills enabling individuals to live fuller, more productive lives in the Greater Chapin community
Leverage other funding through the use of matching grants
Provide opportunities for underserved populations
Demonstrate systems or approaches to build on individual, family, or community strengths
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Organizations must be determined as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, public entities or other charitable, educational or faith-based organizations.
- Organizations must serve the Greater Chapin area: Ballentine, Chapin, Little Mountain, Peak, Prosperity and White Rock.
- If awarded a grant, an organization must agree to recognize the Greater Chapin Community Endowment as the source of the award, and share on all forms of social media in which the organization participates, in press releases or news coverage of events, and listed as a sponsor on promotional information.
This Grant Will Not Fund:
- Debt reduction
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Medical research
- Projects that restrict participation on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, parental status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, or gender expression.
- September 1 – Application Opens
- September 30 – Application Closes
- January 1 – Grant period starts
- June 30 – Grant period ends
Please note: mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand-delivered applications will not be accepted. Declinations will be emailed.
Estimated Size of Grant
There is not a maximum grant request amount, however, the average grants awarded in the previous year was $1,400.