Grant Funding and Sponsorship Funding
Grants to New Mexico Nonprofits and Public
Agencies to Promote Health and Wellness
Agencies to Promote Health and Wellness
Foundation / Corporation
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM)
11/10/16 4:00 PM MT
Grants to New Mexico nonprofits, government agencies, civic and cultural organizations, and public school systems for programs, projects, and initiatives that promote (a) increased access to health care, (b) healthy lifestyles, and (c) the successful management of chronic diseases and illnesses.
Funding may be requested for either specific program/project support or for event sponsorships.
1. Access to Care — Projects that increase awareness and understanding of access to care issues for uninsured and low-income households. Applicants must be able to demonstrate knowledge of health care access issues and related stakeholders, including providers, policy makers, and advocates. A media plan should be included with your application.
2. Healthy Living/Wellness — Projects that increase awareness and understanding of healthy choices and promote a healthy lifestyle. Applicants must be able to demonstrate accurate and clear information that is actionable. A media plan should be included with your application.
3. Condition Management — Projects that increase awareness and understanding of living with chronic disease. Applicants must be able to demonstrate knowledge of community-level condition management resources and tools, and be willing to help promote the importance of condition management programs available in the community.
There are two types of funding requests:
1. Grant Funding: These grants are for program-focused initiatives or for general operating support. Grants provide support to programs and organizations that align with BCBSNM's mission to promote health and wellness in the communities it serves. Please note that only 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible to apply for these types of grants.
2. Sponsorship funding is primarily for supporting a fundraiser or event to a charity or non-charitable community, civic, or educational organization that also provides visibility for BCBSNM in the communities it serves. Such fundraising events include galas, benefits, golf tournaments, conferences, and various community events. Requests should be received at least 45 days prior to the start date or event date. Sponsorships do not require 501(c)(3) status.
Sponsorship Funding requests submitted by the deadline are for 2016 events and first quarter 2017 events.
General Eligibility Criteria:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield accepts requests for grants and sponsorships from organizations that are in New Mexico and have at least one of the following designations:
- Charitable organizations as defined under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code, government agencies, or civic/cultural organizations; and
- Public school systems that promote educational opportunities.
Specific Eligibility Criteria for Each Grant Category:
- Only 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible to apply for the "Grant Funding" category of grants
- "Sponsorship Funding" requests do not require 501(c)(3) status.
BCBSNM is unable to offer funding for:
- Organizations or projects that discriminate against individuals based on race, gender, religion, or gender preference
- Endowments or established trusts
- Sponsorship of unrelated charitable programs
- Sponsorship of youth athletics and related activities
- Deficit funding
The deadline to submit a "Grant Funding" request is 4:00 PM MT on November 10, 2016.
The deadline to submit a request for "Sponsorship Funding" is also 4:00 PM MT on November 10, 2016 for 2016 events and first quarter 2017 events.
Click here for detailed application instructions for both categories: http://www.bcbsnm.com/company-info/community-involvement/funding-instructions
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Grant Funding Request – start a new online application: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_805/?SA=SNA&FID=35044
Sponsorship Funding Request – start a new online application : https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_805/?SA=SNA&FID=35045
For more information, contact:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico
P.O. Box 27630
Albuquerque, NM 87125-7630
Phone: 505-291-3500 or 800-835-8699
USA: New Mexico
Libby is constantly in touch with grant program managers and reviews numerous publications to make sure that GrantWatch.com provides subscribers with the most up-to-date grant opportunities.
We have grants for:
Hi, I would love to guide you through the site.
Please feel free to call or write.