Foundation / Corporation
Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation (EWVCF)
09/15/17 Postmarked or Receipt
Grants to West Virginia nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and schools for conservation and historic preservation projects in Jefferson, Berkeley, and Morgan Counties and the surrounding area. Funding will be provided for programs and projects that focus on the following areas:
- Safeguarding Habitat: Protection of habitat is critical to the preservation of biodiversity. Focus is placed on buffer zones, wildlife areas, watersheds, and functioning ecosystems.
- Children and Nature: Education and involvement of the next generation is extremely important. Programs that address youth activism, knowledge, hands-on activity, and physical movement.
- Saving Panhandle Treasures: Initiatives that provide increased protection of historic, cultural, and pastoral places in the Panhandle.
- Waste and Recycling: Efforts that catalyze underserved recycling efforts, promote effective household waste treatment and deter non-point source pollution in the Panhandle.
- Energy Conservation: Initiatives that promote increasing energy conservation and decreasing consumption behaviors in the Panhandle community.
- Growing the Movement: Programs that engage, organize, and empower new constituencies who add to the advancement of programs through volunteerism and leadership that lead to new ways of thinking and acting.
GrantWatch ID#: 171467
In general, grants range from $1,000 to $2,500.
Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and schools.
Geographic Focus: Jefferson, Berkeley, and Morgan County and surrounding area.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application.
Application Deadlines, Reviews, and Reports:
Applications must be postmarked or received on or before September 15, to be considered. Two Rivers Giving Circle representatives may contact applicants for a phone or face-to-face interview and site visit. Grants will be announced by November 30.
Grants are provided on a reimbursable basis. A final report, including outcomes of the funded program, a summary of your grant expenses, and copies of receipts must be submitted by August 31 of the year following awarding of the grant. Under unusual circumstances, the Community Foundation may consider an extension or advance distribution.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail or Hand Deliver Application, Project Narrative, and Support Materials to:
Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation
229 East Martin St., Suite 4
Martinsburg, WV 25401
USA: West Virginia: Jefferson, Berkeley, and Morgan Counties and surrounding areas