Foundation / Corporation
Grants to Vermont and New Jersey nonprofits in eligible communities for programs that provide educational and developmental services to at-risk children, especially the youngest, and their families. Organizations serving citizens primarily in Vermont and in the New Jersey Counties of Essex, Hudson, Passaic, and Union are eligible.
The Turrell Fund actively considers programs of exceptional merit serving children in the K-12 age group. Preference will be given to programs that operate in parts of the service area where the number and quality of educational and developmental alternatives are limited, and the relative concentration of at-risk children is high. Successful applicants in this age category must have demonstrated results that are supported by rigorous measurement and analysis.
GrantWatch ID#: 171608
The Turrell Fund does not automatically renew grants.
Applying organizations must provide a copy of the IRS determination letter.
- The Turrell Fund does not fund indirect costs of institutions.
- One year must elapse before applying to the Fund again.
- The Fund does not encourage requests for capital programs. In addition, support for initiatives devoted to serving children with highly specialized health and development requirements is rarely provided.
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application advisory and a sample application.
Application Procedures: http://www.turrellfund.org/apply.html
About the Fund: http://www.turrellfund.org/about.html
- Spring Cycle: Applications are accepted between January 1 and February 1.
- Fall Cycle: Applications are accepted between July 1 and August 1.
Late proposals will not be accepted.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_597?SA=SNA&FID=35004
For questions or communications specifically about the online application, please send an email to email@example.com.
Mary Holtz, Grants Manager
Phone: (973) 783-9358
Fax: (973) 783-9283
21 Van Vleck Street
Montclair, New Jersey 07042-2358
USA: New Jersey: Counties of Essex, Hudson, Passaic, and Union; Vermont