Foundation / Corporation
Menorah Heritage Foundation (MHF)
Grants of up to $20,000 to Kansas and Missouri nonprofits serving senior citizens in the greater Kansas City area for core operating expenses. Applicants must contact the funding source at least two weeks prior to submission of an application. The greater Kansas City metropolitan area is defined as Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas, and Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties in Missouri.
The Older Adult operating grants support core operating expenses for two categories of participants.
1. Organizations that exclusively or primarily serve older adults and provide programs and services promoting social and civic engagement of older adults.
2. Organizations that do not specifically serve older adults, but have programming that is designed exclusively for older adults. For example: an organization with clients of all ages who offers specific transportation program only to older adults.
This core operating support is defined as expenses incurred for day-to-day operation. Examples of Core Grant Support funding might include the following:
- Audit expenses
- Office Equipment
- Technology and Training
- Benefits and Insurance
GrantWatch ID#: 171757
Older Adult Core Grants – Maximum grant request $20,000
The Menorah Heritage Foundation does not typically make grants for multi-year commitments.
1. Tax Status: Eligible organizations must have been determined to have 501(c)(3) status by the Internal Revenue Service, and if this organization is a foundation, that it has been determined to be a non-private foundation.
2. Geographic Parameters: Eligible organizations must maintain ongoing operations, including staffing and programs, within the greater Kansas City metropolitan area, defined as Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas, and Cass, Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties in Missouri. All funded services/programs are designed and carried out for the benefit of a target population living in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. Any exception to this geographic limitation must be requested and approved by MHF prior to submission of any grant.
3. Non-Discrimination Requirement: Eligible organizations do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability both in hiring staff and providing services.
The Menorah Heritage Foundation does not typically make grants for the following:
- Lobbying, propaganda, or other attempts to influence legislation
- Sectarian purposes (programs that promote or require a religious doctrine)
- Capital campaigns
- Fundraising events, including sponsorship, tickets, and advertising
- Individual scholarship support
- Deficit funding
- Endowment support
- Multi-year commitments
Please contact MHF at least two weeks prior to submission deadlines to ensure your organization is applying in the grant cycle that best fits your organization and your request.
- Due date: August 15, 2018
- Notification date: Week of December 24, 2018
Menorah Heritage Foundation places great emphasis on having a profile with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation powered by Guidestar™ (https://gkccf.guidestar.org/). See the URL for Full Text link below for instructions if you do not have a profile.
Click here for further eligibility and submission information: http://mhfkc.org/grant/grant-information/
Registration tutorial: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8P9ImR-APIbOVI5YVBFUWpXbnc/view
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Menorah Heritage Foundation
5801 W. 115th Street, Suit 104
Overland Park, KS 66211
Phone: (913) 981-8866
USA: Kansas: Johnson and Wyandotte Counties; Missouri: Cass, Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties