Foundation / Corporation
PHIT America and KIDS in the GAME
01/31/19 11:59 PM PST
In-kind grants of youth exercise equipment to USA schools. Interested applicants are required to register as "active schools" prior to applying. The equipment is intended to be used to implement a morning exercise program designed by the funding source. Each kit includes bands, charms, tracking system, sound systems, ropes, and other apparatus.
PHIT America and KIDS in the GAME are giving away 25 AMPED kits to schools across the country. The AMPED program is an easy to implement, morning exercise program for kids. It includes a unique program design and highly effective motivators that are fun and engaging for kids, teachers, and parents.
- AMPED is an exercise program designed to get kids moving and prime their brains for learning.
- AMPED is approximately 20 – 45 minutes
- Available to all students, regardless of age or ability
- Students get to move and groove along a course to music with their peers
- AMPED ZONE! is a short section of the course designated to be the “ALL-OUT” zone
- AMPED incentivizes kids for the work they do and their daily participation
- AMPED encourages community engagement. (Invite the students’ parents, siblings, and grandparents to join, or get teachers and staff moving and challenging each other and students.)
- Gets students moving bright and early
- Amplifies the brain to be ready and focused for the day
- Gets some of that early morning energy out
- Is a fun space to be active and social
- Allows students to determine their own goals
- Allows Challenge by Choice
- Provides positive incentives for the work students put in
- Provides a foundation for a sound mind and body
- Provides an opportunity to engage the community and build stronger bonds between families and faculty
- Provides an opportunity to invite the High School Track/Cross Country team and coaches to participate, mentor, and answer questions about running
Each AMPED kit includes:
- 2 waterproof, rechargeable sound systems
- 4 cones and rope for “AMPED zone”
- Small AMPED Charms
- Large AMPED Charms
- 1 banner
- Silicone lap tracking bands
- Silicon AMPED Charm Necklace
- 1 AMPED charm Carrying Case
- 1 heavy-duty AMPED program mobile storage case
- Online tracking and reporting system
GrantWatch ID#: 171862
1 AMPED kit
Schools across the country are eligible to apply.
Grant applications will be accepted until Thursday, January 31, 2019, 11:59 PST.
Notifications will be made by February 8th and kits will be shipped on February 15th.
Schools that are not awarded will be placed on the grant program's waitlist. As funds are raised, AMPED will be provided to schools on the waitlist.
To apply, applicant schools must be enrolled as an Active School. To submit your application, please first signup with Active Schools as a school champion. See https://champion.activeschoolsus.org/signup.
About the AMPED Program: https://www.kidsinthegame.org/programs/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply online: https://www.kidsinthegame.org/programs/amped-grant/
Natalie Hummel, Founder and Executive Director
KIDS in the GAME
875 SE 3rd Street
Bend, OR 97702
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming