Foundation / Corporation
BallenIsles Charities Foundation
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $20,000 to Northern Palm Beach County, Florida nonprofits and schools for programs that benefit and improve local communities. LOIs are due August 11. Funding will be provided for programs that focus on the areas of civic, health, and human services, the environment, and education. Grants are primarily awarded for projects or programs with specific budgets and measurement criteria.
The Foundation welcomes and encourages projects that have multiple sources of funding along with strong support from an organization’s Board of Directors.
In determining the merits and priority of an application, particular consideration will be given to:
- The seriousness of the problem and adequacy of the proposed program or project action
- The capability of the organization and its personnel to achieve expected results
- The degree of potential benefit to the community
GrantWatch ID#: 171866
Although the Foundation has no restrictions on grant size, to date, their grants have ranged from $2,000 to $20,000.
Funding commitments are made on a year-to-year basis. The Foundation does not commit to fund multi-year projects or programs. Applicant organizations are welcome to apply each year for possible funding.
All applicants must be qualified nonprofit or tax-exempt organizations located and serving people living in Palm Beach County, Florida from Jupiter in the North to West Palm Beach in the South. 501(c)(3) nonprofits in good standing with the IRS are eligible to apply.
Applications received from organizations located outside the geographic area will only be considered if the clients served by implementation of the grant award are located in our geographic service area.
For education grants: The Foundation will fund educational nonprofit foundations, public and charter schools, and, other organizations providing educational programming. In the case of public schools, the grant request should be for programs that are not available through tax funding.
The Foundation does not fund:
- Grants to 501 (c) (3) organizations that are not in good standing with the IRS.
- Grants for sectarian or religious purposes unless the applicant organization demonstrates that the project or program is non-denominational and open to all. Further, the project must not include religious programming or faith-based requirements for participation.
- Grants to national organizations unless funds are for the local chapter with a local Board of Directors and the grant will benefit local residents.
- Grants to 501 (c) (4) organizations.
- Grants to lobby legislation or to influence public policy or elections.
- Grants to organizations whose administrative costs (including fundraising expenses) exceed 25%.
General operating expenses, personnel salaries, or overhead expenses will not be funded.
- June 30, 2017: The on-line application system is available to apply for a grant.
- August 11, 2017: A Letter of Inquiry (LOI), the first step in the application process, is due. LOI’s received after August 11th will not be considered for 2018 grants.
- August 21, 2017: Applicants will be notified if they are invited to submit full grant application requests.
- September 20, 2017: Full grant application requests due from invited applicants. Applications received after September 20th will not be considered for 2018 grants.
- Grants Will Be Awarded February 27, 2018.
- Grants Committee members may schedule on-site visits to your organization to discuss your application or to follow-up on a prior year grant, if applicable.
- Applicants must notify the Foundation if there are any changes to the grant request after the proposal is submitted by September 20, 2017 and before November 1, 2017.
- All applicants submitting complete grant requests will be notified by December 31, 2017 of the Foundation’s decisions and grants.
Further Guidelines: https://ballenislescharitiesfoundation.org/grant-applications/who-we-fund/
Service Area Information: https://ballenislescharitiesfoundation.org/grant-applications/where-we-fund/
If you still have questions about the online grant system, the Foundation has compiled some material that you may find helpful the first time you use the system. View and download the Foundation-Provided Grant System Information Document (PDF) by clicking on the link in the Supporting Documents section below.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=u1QamNr-ifVIEi5E-qYsAdYZoZvIuKJxrLFg_SzzGQRXL9LRTmD_PQ2
BallenIsles Charities Foundation
100 BallenIsles Circle
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
USA: Florida: Northern Palm Beach County