Foundation / Corporation
Seattle Foundation - Benjamin N. Phillips Memorial Fund
05/31/19 5:00 PM PDT
Grants to Clallam County, Washington nonprofit organizations for a wide range of charitable programs that benefit the local community. Potential applicants must contact the Funding Source prior to applying. Applicants should have support within the community as well as constituent involvement in their organization.
GrantWatch ID#: 171915
Grants are predominately made for one year, with no implied renewal funding. However, a two-year grant will be considered if a case is made for why funding is required for a longer period. An example of this exception is a planning or capacity-building process occurring over a two-year period of time.
Grants are awarded annually to a broad range of charitable organizations serving Clallam County.
Current grantees are ineligible to apply for new project funding following two years of Phillips support. Previously funded organizations may re-apply following one year without Phillips funding.
The Benjamin N. Phillips Memorial Fund is interested in supporting organizations that have:
- A mission statement that clearly defines the organization’s purpose and reflects its understanding of the communities they serve
- A clear articulation of why it believed what it is doing is important and that it will be effective and produce desired results
- Clearly defined priorities, goals and measurable outcomes
- Experienced and highly qualified staff and volunteer leadership
- A skilled governing board whose knowledge includes management, fundraising and the community served
- A funding plan appropriate to agency size and developmental state-guiding development efforts
- Sound financial management practices
- Proven ability to mobilize financial and in-kind support, including volunteers
Opens: Feb 25 2019: 12:00 AM (PST)
Deadline: May 31 2019: 05:00 PM (PDT)
Before applying, contact Claire Bishop to ensure that your organization is a strong fit for the funding strategies.
For more information about applying, see: https://seattlefoundation.smapply.org/prog/2019_phillips/.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Seattle Foundation at email@example.com or call 206.515.2109.
1601 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1900
Seattle, WA 98101-3615
USA: Washington: Clallam County