Foundation / Corporation
KaBOOM! and City of Los Angeles and Dr Pepper Snapple Group
07/21/17 11:59 PM EDT
Grants of up to $20,000 to California nonprofit organizations and government agencies for creative and innovative projects that transform unexpected public places into areas where children can play and explore. These places can include sidewalks, bus stops, vacant lots, open streets, and beyond, especially in the places where families struggle to make ends meet.
The goal of these grants is to provide kids and families with the tools, places, and inspiration to make active play a daily priority.
Each Application will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Encourages kids and families to engage in play that will activate their minds and/or bodies;
- Displays community partnerships and relationship building;
- Is in a public space (ex: street/sidewalk, or storefront, etc.) and highly accessible to low income families, or in a play desert;
- Benefits low income kids and families;
- Addresses a challenge or need in the community that is not directly related to play;
- Project is located in trafficked spaces that impact a high number of users;
- Proposes a change in the built environment;
- Encourages kids and caregivers to play together;
- Must be built by May 30, 2018 with a reasonable and feasible budget for the proposed project scope;
- Project can be a temporary pop-up installation (2 weeks minimum) or a semi-permanent to permanent built intervention, but cannot be an event.
GrantWatch ID#: 171923
Up to $20,000
Projects must be built by May 30, 2018 with a reasonable and feasible budget for the proposed project scope.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be a registered 501(c)(3) public charity or a federal, state, or local governmental body.
- Be an agency that is fiscally sponsoring a 501(c)3 public charity or Public Agency, knowing that the grant would be awarded to the sponsored entity.
- Not discriminate on any unlawful basis in either hiring/employment practices or in the administration of programs and services.
Note: Proposed projects must have a budget averaging $20,000.
Grant Recipients may not use any portion of the Grant for any of the following: to operate itself in any manner which is not exclusively related to the Purpose; for unreasonable administrative expenses or for other excessive expenses; to engage in any illegal, fraudulent or morally reprehensible (as determined in KaBOOM!'s and its supporting sponsors' sole discretion) behavior.
The Application Period Begins at 9:00 a.m. EDT on June 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 21, 2017. Application Periods are subject to change in KaBOOM!'s sole discretion.
Application Information: https://apply.kaboom.org/
Official Rules: https://kaboom.org/playability/play_everywhere/los_angeles/rules
More Information: https://kaboom.org/grants/play_everywhere
6/01 - First Day to Enter
7/21 - Application Due
7/22 - Judging Begins
8/18 - Winners Notified
9/15 - Winners Announced
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://apply.kaboom.org/acc/r/
If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com or contact KaBoom on their online form at https://kaboom.org/home/contact_us.
Director of Programs and Operations