Foundation / Corporation
Speedway Children's Charities (SCC) - Las Vegas Chapter
Grants of up to $1,000 and grants of up to $10,000 to Las Vegas and Southern Nevada nonprofit organizations for specific projects and programs that directly benefit children. Funding is intended for organizations that address children's educational, medical, social, and/or financial needs. The Foundation seeks to supports organizations that work tirelessly to see that children’s needs are met and that no child is left behind regardless of illness, social environment or disability.
GrantWatch ID#: 172040
Funding requests for first-time grants cannot exceed $1,000. Other grants may be up to $10,000.
The applicant organization must meet the following requirements:
- Organization must be an existing 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with one full year of operations supported by financial documents
- Serves children in Las Vegas and/or southern Nevada.
- Service provided to children falls within the mission of Speedway Children's Charities: educational, medical, social, and/or financial need.
Grants could be limited for organizations with total revenues that exceed one million.
Grants could be denied or limited based upon public information of questionable moral turpitude concerning practices of the organization, the board members or employees such as convictions or arrests involving fraud, theft, embezzlement, any vehicle crime, sexual offenses or violent crimes against a person.
The following grant requests will not be accepted:
- Capital funding projects (construction of buildings or remodeling), or fixed assets, like purchase of vehicles
- Funding for salaries or consulting fees, marketing, purchase of office supplies, electronic devices, seminar materials, or scholarship programs
- Development or production of books, films, videos or television programs
- Sponsorships, like conferences, events, golf tournaments
- Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age or national origin
- Individual schools in public school systems unless benefits are system-wide
- Religious organizations unless specific project is nonsectarian and benefits community
The application must be postmarked by August 31, 2017.
The Speedway Children's Charities Board of Trustees meets in October to make final decisions on awarding grants. You will be notified in writing whether or not your charity will receive funding in November. Grants will be distributed at the Tree Lighting Ceremony in December.
Speedway Children’s Charities will consider one Partner Grant request per Federal Tax ID number each year. If your nonprofit has more than one organization functioning under the same Tax ID number, select one organization to apply to Speedway Children’s Charities for funding of a Partner Grant.
Please note that full funding is not guaranteed.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
Speedway Children's Charities
7000 Las Vegas Boulevard North
Las Vegas, NV 89115
Attention: Paulette Anderson, Las Vegas Chapter Director
Questions should be directed to:
Paulette Anderson, Las Vegas Chapter Director
USA: Nevada: Las Vegas and Southern Nevada