Foundation / Corporation
Speedway Children's Charities (SCC) - Las Vegas Chapter
Grants of up to $1,000 and grants of up to $10,000 to Las Vegas and Southern Nevada nonprofit organizations for specific projects and programs that directly benefit children. Funding is intended for organizations that address the educational, medical, social, and financial needs of children.
The Foundation seeks to support organizations that work tirelessly to see that children’s needs are met and that no child is left behind regardless of illness, social environment or disability.
GrantWatch ID#: 172040
First-year approvals for grants cannot exceed $1,000. No grant requests over $10,000 will be accepted.
The applicant organization must meet the following requirements:
- Organization must be an existing 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with one full year of operations supported by financial documents
- Serves children in Las Vegas and/or southern Nevada.
- Service provided to children falls within the mission of Speedway Children's Charities: educational, medical, social, and/or financial need.
Grants could be limited for organizations with total revenues that exceed one million.
Grants could be denied or limited based upon public information of questionable moral turpitude concerning practices of the organization, the board members or employees such as convictions or arrests involving fraud, theft, embezzlement, any vehicle crime, sexual offenses or violent crimes against a person.
The following grant requests will not be accepted:
- Capital funding projects (construction of buildings or remodeling), or fixed assets, like purchase of vehicles
- Funding for salaries or consulting fees, marketing, purchase of office supplies, electronic devices, seminar materials, or scholarship programs
- Development or production of books, films, videos or television programs
- Sponsorships, like conferences, events, golf tournaments
- Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age or national origin
- Individual schools in public school systems unless benefits are system-wide
- Religious organizations unless specific project is nonsectarian and benefits community
Those with completed applications can come to the Partner Workshop on Monday, August 27 from Noon to 1 p.m., also at The D Hotel, in their Showroom located upstairs. This Workshop will be for those with specific questions about their application or want to turn in their packet.
Partner Grant Applications must be postmarked by Friday, August 31, 2018.
Determinations will be made by the Board of Trustees in November, and you will be notified in writing by the end of that month. Grants are distributed at the beginning of December at the Tree Lighting Ceremony at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Speedway Children’s Charities will consider one Partner Grant request per Federal Tax ID number each year. If your nonprofit has more than one organization functioning under the same Tax ID number, select one organization to apply to Speedway Children’s Charities for funding of a Partner Grant.
Please note that full funding is not guaranteed.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
Speedway Children's Charities
7000 Las Vegas Boulevard North
Las Vegas, NV 89115
Attention: Paulette Anderson, Las Vegas Chapter Director
Questions should be directed to:
Paulette Anderson, Las Vegas Chapter Director
USA: Nevada: Las Vegas and Southern Nevada