Maryland Governor's Office of Crime Control and Prevention (GOCCP)
07/30/19 3:00 PM
Grants starting at $5,000 to Maryland nonprofits, IHEs, agencies, faith-based organizations, and public and private entities for criminal justice activities that promote safe communities throughout the state. First-time applicants must obtain a user ID prior to applying. Funding is intended to reduce crime through law enforcement, and for prevention and planning, evaluation, and technology program activities.
Programs funded under BJAG should align with one or more of GOCCP’s five objectives:
- Develop criminal justice strategies that are coordinated at the local, state, and federal level
- Improve victim services
- Reduce victimization and criminal behavior in Maryland’s children
- Maximize the public safety returns on Maryland’s corrections spending
- Increase the availability of data to support data-driven approaches to criminal justice in Maryland
The grant can be used to fund a wide variety of initiatives in the Federal Purpose Areas listed below:
- Law enforcement and task forces programs
- Prosecution and court programs
- Prevention and education programs
- Corrections and community corrections programs
- Drug treatment and drug court programs
- Planning, evaluation, and technology improvement programs
- Crime victim and witness programs (other than compensation programs)
For additional information about these funding areas, see:
GrantWatch ID#: 172081
$2.5 million is available to local government entities. $1 million is available to state government agencies, IHEs, public and private entities, and nonprofit, nongovernmental programs.
GOCCP anticipates awards in both categories ranging from $5,000 to $350,000.
The anticipated period of performance is October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online through the Grants Management System:
If you have previously applied to the Governor's Office of Crime Control & Prevention, but do not have your User ID, or are having technical issues with the system, contact the Governor's Office of Crime Control & Prevention Helpdesk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tammy Lovill, Grant Program Manager
Justice Schisler, Chief of Programs
Governor's Office of Crime Control & Prevention
100 Community Place
Crownsville, Maryland 21032-2022