Award to a Canada individual to acknowledge their outstanding work in environmental projects. The nominee's project or program should demonstrate new and creative solutions towards protecting, restoring, and preserving the environment. The Foundation seeks to recognize outstanding individuals in business, government, academia or community organizations whose innovative contributions to environmental change are benefiting Canada and Canadians.
Nominations will be judged according to the following criteria:
1) Innovative: The nominee has demonstrated originality in his or her commitment to working toward a solution for an environmental concern.
2) Effective: The nominee has identified a specific environmental concern or problem and has a plan of action for addressing the problem and has demonstrated measurable results.
3) Influential: The nominee has earned the attention and support of the public.
4) Viable: The nominee’s initiative must be economically feasible and sustainable.
5) Sustainable: The benefits of the innovation should be environmentally, socially, and financially sound and ethical.
5) Distinctive: The nominee’s innovation is distinct from other approaches or projects.