Foundation / Corporation
Partnership for Clean Competition (PCC)
Grants starting at $10,000 to USA, Canada, and International individuals for research to address the root causes of the use of performance-enhancing drugs, and to ultimately decrease their use, by all participants in all sports at all levels of play. Pre-applications are due prior to submitting a full application.
Emphasis is placed on original work that focuses on improving existing analytical methods for detecting particular drugs, developing new analytical methods to test for substances not currently detectable, and discovering cost-effective approaches for testing widely abused substances across all levels of sport.
The following areas of investigation reflect the current research priorities:
- Developing methods of cost-effective testing to detect and deter the use of banned and illegal substances.
- Developing testing protocols to detect designer substances used for doping purposes.
- Improving existing analytical methods to detect particular drugs, ex. GH, IGF-1, EPO, hCG.
- Developing analytical methods to detect performance enhancing drugs not currently detectable.
- Longitudinal urinary excretion patterns, metabolism, and dose-concentration.
- Critical reviews to support the interpretation of laboratory data.
- Alternative specimens, (ex. oral fluid, dried blood/plasma spots) for testing.
Three types of projects can be submitted:
- A Pilot Project is a one-year project intended to acquire the preliminary data necessary to successfully apply for a PCC original application. In general, Pilot Projects are limited to $125,000 total.
- An Original Proposal is a novel project not previously submitted to the PCC.
- A Re-submission is a project which has been previously submitted to the PCC and which was not recommended for funding. Re-submissions must complete the Resubmission section of the proposal form.
GrantWatch ID#: 172154
Individual grant awards have ranged from US$10,000 to US$400,000+.
In general, Pilot Projects are limited to $125,000 total.
Pilot Projects are for one year.
The expectation is that the Principal Investigator will submit a full project proposal to PCC within 18 months of the pilot project award.
The Grants Program is open to scientists and researchers worldwide.
In order to submit an application for a grant or fellowship, a pre-application is required. This pre-application is reviewed to ensure the relevance to PCC priorities. If accepted, you may begin working on the full application for your project.
Pre-Applications are due March 1st, July 1st, and November 1st of each year. Applicants invited to submit full applications must do so by April 1st, August 1st, or December 1st, depending on the cycle (30 days after the pre-application due date).
PCC grant applications are subject to a thorough, expert-led peer review process. Funding recommendations are made by the PCC’s 10 member Scientific Advisory Board based on a submission’s likely impact on anti-doping, overall quality, and proposed budget, personnel, and resources.
Research priorities: https://cleancompetition.org/research-priorities/
The pre-application process: https://cleancompetition.org/2017/02/23/the-pcc-pre-application-process/
PCC Grant Application Tips Series Part 1: https://cleancompetition.org/2016/07/12/pcc-grant-application-tips-series-part-1/
PCC Grant Application Tip Series Part 2: https://cleancompetition.org/2016/08/23/pcc-grant-application-tip-2-ensure-compliance-with-pcc-application-instructions/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply: https://cleancompetition.org/application-center/
Jenna Celmer, Stakeholder Engagement Manager
Partnership for Clean Competition
1 Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.