Foundation / Corporation
Delaware Community Foundation (DCF) - Next Generation South
Grants to Delaware nonprofit organizations for programs addressing substance abuse and addiction in Kent and Sussex Counties. Funding is available for addiction prevention and education, mental health services, treatment services, and programs that assist families affected by addiction.
Proposals for competitive grants are considered on the basis of how they address addiction and enhance the quality of life for Delawareans. Next Gen South is particularly interested in proactive, preventative and future-thinking proposals.
Interest is given to initiatives that:
- Demonstrate vision, effectiveness, good management and action for positive change.
- Encourage collaboration between agencies and reduce duplication of services.
- Leverage funds from other sources.
- Create a sense of community through neighborhood involvement and outreach.
- Include an evaluation component.
GrantWatch ID#: 172189
Only nonprofit organizations within the state of Delaware that have a 501(c)(3) designation by the Internal Revenue Service are eligible to apply.
Agencies receiving Next Gen South grants must serve the State of Delaware and its residents without discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin or sexual orientation.
- Debt reduction
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes
- Annual fundraising campaigns or general operating expenses
- Projects completed before the date of grant approval by the Next Gen South membership
- Sports clubs or leagues
Because Next Gen South receives more grant requests than it is able to support, nonprofit organizations are encouraged to seek funding from multiple sources for a particular program or project.
Next Gen South has one competitive Program Grant cycle each year. Grant applications will be available in May 2018 and are due on June 15, 2018. Grants will be awarded in October 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Beth Bouchelle, Director of Grants
The Next Generation
c/o Delaware Community Foundation
Attn: Beth Bouchelle
36 The Circle
Georgetown, DE 19947
USA: Delaware: Kent and Sussex Counties