Grants of up to $10,000 to multiple USA states, Peurto Rico, and the Virgin Islands nonprofit funding source affiliates to aid in advancing wildlife conservation priorities and addressing organizational capacity-building needs. The Foundation seeks projects that advance solutions to environmental challenges, aid in growing the conservation movement, and helping to ensure America's wildlife legacy continues for future generations.
Examples of projects that may be funded under this program:
- Efforts to build organizational capacity, such as membership recruitment, donor cultivation, website development, strategic planning, infrastructure improvement, and leadership training.
- Advocacy efforts, including coalition building, that will positively influence government planning or policy for wildlife’s benefit.
- Education or outreach projects that increase the awareness and support of wildlife conservation in new and diverse audiences.
- On-the-ground restoration, protection, or conservation efforts that benefit wildlife and their habitats.
- Applied research, assessment, or monitoring that addresses conservation challenges while promoting the development of management solutions.
An NWF affiliate organization must be the primary applicant and is subject to the following eligibility requirements:
NWF will NOT fund the following types of projects:
- Land acquisition efforts, including conservation easements.
- Advocacy and 501(c)(4) campaigns that are politically partisan or endorse specific candidates or political parties.
- Salary expenses outside of project parameters.
- Reimbursement of complete or partially completed projects and expenses that exist outside the scope of this grant.
Submit the completed application via email to email@example.com by July 15, 2016.
Estimated Size of Grant
Up to $10,000.
Term of Contract
Grants are awarded for a two-year period. Projects must be completed and a final report submitted by August 31, 2018.