Foundation / Corporation
Arrowhead Regional Arts Council (ARAC)
03/29/19 4:30 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $2,000 to Arrowhead Region, Minnesota individual artists for equipment, technology related purchases, training, and other services. Funding is intended to support the artistic work of artists residing in the Region's seven counties: Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, and St. Louis County.
Arrowhead Regional Arts Council (ARAC) Technology/Equipment Grant program review criteria:
- Impact (50%): The impact of the proposal is determined by the appropriateness of the purchases to furthering or achieving artistic goals by addressing the artist's identified needs.
- Artistic Quality (25%): The proposal should demonstrate an understanding of the discipline or medium, a level of competency in the artist's work, and clarity of vision.
- Ability (25%): The artist's capacity to undertake the proposal. This includes providing a budget that is realistic, feasible, and demonstrates a clear understanding of the scope of the project; adequate support materials; as well as narrative responses articulating the artist's readiness to make purchases.
GrantWatch ID#: 172219
Up to $2,000
For applications due by September 28, 2018, the earliest start date for projects is December 1, 2018.
For applications due by March 29, 2019, the earliest start date for projects is June 1, 2018.
All projects must be completed by May 31, 2020. Grants must be completed and funds spent by this date.
To be eligible to apply for this program, applicants must be at least eighteen years old, a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status, be a resident of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, or St. Louis County for at least six months, and remain a Minnesota resident for six months after any purchases related to this proposal are completed.
Individuals enrolled in arts-related degree programs are ineligible to apply.
An individual who is an ARAC recipient with an overdue, unacceptable, or falsified final report is ineligible to apply for grant funding.
Funding for proposals that include out-of-state activities is prohibited in this program.
The following project requests are ineligible for funding:
- The request attempts to influence any state or federal legislation;
- The request includes making improvements to the applicant’s private property;
- The request requires excessive entry or exhibition fees, includes tuition, fees or work toward a degree;
- The request primarily involves developing school curriculum plans or teaching materials;
- The request is primarily intended to support teaching related activities that will advance a teaching career;
- The request promotes religious socialization;
- The request was once supported by state general fund appropriations.
The ARAC has attempted to provide a thorough and clear articulation of its eligibility rules, but it reserves the right to declare an application ineligible for reasons not explicitly stated here. For questions about the eligibility of a project, applicants should contact the office.
ARAC schedules a variety of workshops, office hours, and one-on-one consultations before each grant deadline. Applicants should check the Foundation's Announcements page for information or contact the Grants Manager to set up a one-on-one consultation.
- Applications Open: Friday, August 17, 2018
- Application Deadline: Friday, September 28, 2018
- Grant Panel Review: Friday, November 6, 2018
- Board Approval Meeting: Thursday, November 15, 2018
- Earliest Possible Starting Date for Projects/Expenditures: December 1, 2018
- Applications Open: Friday, February 15, 2019
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019
- Grant Panel Review: Tuesday, May 7, 2019
- Board Approval Meeting: Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Earliest Possible Starting Date for Projects/Expenditures: June 1, 2019
Applications must be completed and submitted using the ARAC Grant Portal. Submissions in any other format, including email, will not be accepted.
Applications must be submitted online by 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date. Applications received after this time are ineligible and will not be reviewed. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Applicants will be notified via email of the Board’s decision within fourteen days of the board grant review.
Applicants may contact the Grants Manager via email with questions or for assistance with the grant portal. All applicants are encouraged to discuss proposal ideas and eligibility with the Grants Manager prior to starting a grant application. First time applicants are strongly encouraged to contact ARAC staff to discuss the eligibility of their activity or project.
ARAC staff will review grant applications upon request. The Grants Manager will review the application draft and give feedback prior to submitting the application for the Board to review. Draft reviews must be requested by contacting the Grants Manager no later than 2 weeks prior to the deadline.
This grant requires a 15% match. This match must be cash, not in-kind contributions.
In a single ARAC fiscal year (July 1 - June 30), an applicant may receive one grant from each eligible program, as long as they are each for separate projects.
How to Apply: http://aracouncil.org/grant-application-bridge/
Individual Artist Eligibility:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=aracouncil&
Arrowhead Regional Arts Council
The Ordean Building
424 West Superior Street, Suite 104
Duluth, MN 55802
218-722-0952 or 800-569-8134
MN Relay Service 1-800-627-3529
USA: Minnesota: Aitkin, Cook, Carlton, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, and St. Louis Counties