Foundation / Corporation
Williamsburg Community Foundation (WCF)
01/17/18 12:00 PM Noon EDT
Grants of up to $5,000 to Virginia nonprofit organizations for community benefit activities in Williamsburg, James City County, and York County. Funding is intended for programs in the areas of arts and culture, children and young adults, environment and conservation, community health and wellness, and senior services.
Special attention will be given to projects that have a broad community benefit, that will provide enrichment or enhancement to the lives of residents, and/or that demonstrate the potential benefit of an innovative program to the community at-large.
Arts and Culture - Programs supported include:
- Increasing access to the arts through performances in varied locations, discount ticket prices and opportunities to reach diverse audiences.
- Public art and free performances in public locations.
- Increasing the management capacity of arts organizations though staff and volunteer training or planning grants.
Children and Young Adults - Programs supported include:
- Early childhood development.
- Positive youth development through after school and summer enrichment programs.
- Educational and therapeutic programs to enrich the quality of life for children and young adults with special needs.
- Protecting children from abuse and neglect.
Environment and Conservation - Programs supported include:
- Programs that educate the public about our local environmental resources.
- Programs to promote the preservation and conservation of natural resources.
- Programs that promote the recreational and therapeutic use of our natural resources.
- Programs that engage local residents in our key physical resources.
Community Health and Wellness - Programs supported include:
- Programs that improve the quality of life for lower income residents.
- Educational and therapeutic programs that enable adults with low literacy and special needs to more fully participate in community life.
- Direct support through local nonprofit providers for specific wellness needs, i.e. healthy meals, housing, transportation, etc.
- Support for other aspects of community life that improve wellbeing for area residents.
- Support for veterans and their families.
Senior Services - Programs supported include:
- Programs and services that help older adults stay informed, healthy, and engaged.
- Programs that increase the capacity of local organizations to support senior citizens who wish to age in place.
- Respite care or support groups for families of those with Alzheimer’s or other disease that requires home care services.
GrantWatch ID#: 172243
Up to $5,000
All grant recipients must provide, in writing, a report on the use of the grant within one year. Multi-year grants are not supported.
The Foundation will make grants to those organizations within its service area that are qualified as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service or other organizations considered public charities by virtue of their mission. The services of these organizations must be consistent with and advance the mission of the Foundation. The applicant must provide a copy of its IRS determination letter to the Foundation.
The Foundation will not make grants for:
- Applications for unspecified use of funds
- Retroactive funding for any project expenses incurred before the Foundation’s decision date
- Multi-year grants or commitments
- Religious purposes (but may be made to religious organizations for projects with a broad-based, inclusive community benefit)
- Political or partisan purposes
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, or national origin.
More on Arts and Culture: http://wcf.proximomktg.com/foundation-focus-arts-and-culture/
More on Children and Young Adults: http://wcf.proximomktg.com/foundation-focus-children-and-young-adults/
More on Environment and Conservation: http://wcf.proximomktg.com/foundation-focus-environment-and-conservation/
More on Community Health and Wellness: http://wcf.proximomktg.com/foundation-focus-community-health-and-wellness/
More on Senior Services: http://wcf.proximomktg.com/foundation-focus-senior-services/
- Application Available: Mid-November, 2017
- Deadline: January 17, 2018 at noon
- Awards Luncheon: Mid-April, 2018
- Application Available: mid-May, 2018
- Deadline: Mid-July, 2018 at noon
- Awards Luncheon: Mid-October, 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply for a Community Endowment Grant online:
Williamsburg Community Foundation
1323 Jamestown Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
USA: Virginia: Greater Williamsburg Area: Williamsburg, James City County, and York County