Foundation / Corporation
Speedway Children's Charities (SCC) Charlotte Chapter
08/01/18 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants to North Carolina and South Carolina nonprofit organizations in the Charlotte area for charitable activities to assist children in need and their families. Funding is intended to support activities that address the social, medical, financial, and educational needs of children in order to help them lead productive lives.
Eligible organizations are located in Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Union, Stanly, or Rowan Counties in North Carolina and York, Chester, Lancaster, or Union Counties in South Carolina.
GrantWatch ID#: 172289
First year applicant’s maximum request cannot exceed $4,000.
- Organization must be established as a 501(c)(3) for a minimum of one year.
- Projects must serve the needs of children in educational, financial, medical or social needs.
- First year applicant’s maximum request cannot exceed $4,000.
- Organizations must serve children in the following counties: Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Union, Stanly or Rowan in NC and York, Chester, Lancaster or Union in SC.
- SCC does not fund first-year programs or organizations, capital campaigns or construction/remodeling projects.
- Capital projects or office supplies are ineligible for funding.
- Grants for purchase of vehicles will be ineligible.
- Funding cannot be used for salaries, consulting fees or scholarship programs.
Applications must be completed and returned in person or by mail on or before Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
Organizations will be notified no later than November 30 of their application status.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail or deliver applications to:
Speedway Children’s Charities
Attn. Lisa Starnes
5555 Concord Parkway S.
Concord, NC 28027
For questions, contact:
USA: North Carolina: Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Union, Stanly, and Rowan Counties; South Carolina: York, Chester, Lancaster, and Union Counties