Foundation / Corporation
Cherokee Strip Community Foundation (CSCF)
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to Oklahoma nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that benefit those living in the Cherokee Strip Region, which includes Enid and Northwestern Oklahoma. Letters of Intent are due on August 1. Funding will be provided for special projects, innovative programs, and equipment purchases.
The chances of your agency’s proposal being funded are substantially increased if the project:
- Proposes practical solutions to community problems
- Promotes volunteer participation and citizen involvement in the community
- Could not be accomplished with other sources of support
- Is responsive to changing or emerging community needs
- Leverages or generates other funding or resources
- Exhibits likelihood of future funding
- Promotes cooperation among nonprofit agencies without duplicating efforts
- Addresses prevention as well as assistance for a problem.
GrantWatch ID#: 172375
Most grants are in the $1,000 to $10,000 range. Larger grants could be made on occasion.
The Cherokee Strip Community Foundation welcomes proposals from any non-profit organization in the Cherokee Strip Region with an IRS tax exempt status.
The Cherokee Strip Region includes Enid and Northwestern Oklahoma.
As a rule the Foundation does not make grants for:
- Operating expenses.
- Medical or scholarly research.
- Membership fees.
- Ticket sales for charitable fund-raising events.
- Sectarian religious purposes.
- Travel for groups, such as school classes, clubs or sports teams.
- Capital debt reductions.
- Political projects.
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to access the grant proposal information and application documents.
Letters of intent may be submitted any time before August 1 and within six weeks of receiving the Letter of Intent, the Grant Distribution Committee will review Letters of Intent and determine which organizations will be requested to submit a Grant Proposal.
Organizations will be notified by letter as to the status of their request.
Letters of Intent and Grant Proposals are requested at the Foundation office no later than noon on the deadline date.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please mail or hand-deliver (6) copies of the proposal and (1) copy of the 990 and Audit
to the Foundation Office at the requested deadlines. Faxed proposals will not be accepted.
Cherokee Strip Community Foundation
114 S. Independence, Suite 140
Enid, Oklahoma 73701
P.O. Box 263
Enid, OK 73702
Mary Stallings, Executive Director
USA: Oklahoma: The Cherokee Strip Region (which includes Enid and Northwestern Oklahoma)