Foundation / Corporation
Derby Community Foundation
Grants of up to $2,500 to Kansas nonprofits, schools, churches, clubs, and government agencies for programs that will enhance the quality of life for residents of the Derby area. Programs should enrich or respond to the immediate needs of the local community. Applicants should demonstrate that their programs are innovative, meaningful, and that they work within the Foundation's mission.
The mission of Derby Community Foundation is to enrich the quality of life in the Derby area by being a catalyst for connecting people and resources with community needs and initiatives.
GrantWatch ID#: 172391
Community Enrichment Grants are grants of up to $2,500.
Any tax-exempt, nonprofit organization or government entity using the funds for a project meeting the Foundation’s mission is eligible to apply. Specifically, organizations should meet the criteria shown below.
- Classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Code, or a governmental entity
- Provide services within the Derby USD 260 boundaries
- Not a previous recipient of a Community Enrichment Grant within the past 12 months
Examples of organizations that may apply include:
- Schools, church groups, youth organizations (Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, etc.)
- Government & Municipal Agencies (Police Department, Fire Department, Library, Senior Center, etc.)
- Civic Club or Organization (Rotary, Optimist, Lions, etc.)
- Public Foundations & Support Groups (Red Cross, Victory in the Valley, etc.)
Funding will not be provided to support the following:
- Clinical or medical research
- Contributions to capital campaigns
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender,
age or national origin
- Operating deficits or retirement of debt
- Endowment programs are typically not funded
- Construction projects or real estate acquisitions
- Political projects of any kind
- Vehicles, such as vans or buses
- Programs that promote a specific religious denomination
- Projects that have received a Community Enrichment Grant in the past 5 years.
The Derby Community Foundation does not provide funding to private foundations.
Community Enrichment Grant Applications Due: May 15 and November 22 annually.
All materials must be postmarked on the due date. When the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, applications are due by 5 p.m. the next business day.
No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
Grant announcements are mailed by the Foundation within approximately 45 days following the application deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be sent to:
Community Enrichment Grants
Derby Community Foundation
P.O. Box 372
Derby, KS 67037
Phone: (316) 788-9815
USA: Kansas: Derby area