Grants of up to $300 to New Mexico teachers, librarians, and counselors for creative projects that will enhance student education. Projects should encourage originality and seek to develop more effective methods of teaching. Projects must be new, innovative, and be student based. Projects must take place in Gallup and McKinley County schools.
Grant projects must benefit students educationally by enabling staff members to put new and innovative ideas into action that might not be implemented otherwise. Grant funds can be used to purchase manipulatives, science materials, craft materials, and other hands on items that students will use in carrying out activities of your project.
Projects that include the following must have written approval from the appropriate District Administrator:
- Facilities: Changes or improvements to any school facility or property
- Curriculum: Supplements or changes to the current GMCS approved curriculum
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Grants are open to all GMCS teachers, librarians, and counselors for educational projects.
Grants may be applied for individually or joint.
More than one application may be submitted, but an individual will not receive more than one grant.
- Field trips or bus transportation
- Uniforms / costumes / t-shirts
- Teacher pay / stipends or substitute pay
- Staff development, conference fees or travel costs
- Televisions, LCD projectors, tape recorders, CD players, “boom boxes”, computers, tablets or printers
- Continuations of existing projects
Requests for food, films, video tapes, software, monetary awards and prizes will not be considered unless they are a small but integral part of the whole proposal. The Foundation also will not cover expenses that are included in a school’s operating budget.
All equipment purchases made with Grant funds will become the property of Gallup-McKinley County Schools.