Foundation / Corporation
The Guelph Community Foundation
07/26/17 4:00 PM
Grants to Guelph area, Ontario nonprofit organizations for programs in the areas of environment, arts and culture, animal welfare, community and social services, children and youth, education, and health and wellness. Applicants must contact the Foundation prior to submittal. The Foundation is interested in supporting organizations that develop community-building activities, programming, and opportunities for children, youth, youth-at-risk, seniors, single mothers, families, the indigenous community, and newcomers to Canada.
For 2017 applications, the Foundation is particularly interested in grant applications that develop community at a grassroots level. Collaborative efforts with one or more additional partner are encouraged.
The Guelph Community Foundation strengthens the community by funding projects that:
- Address community needs and emergent opportunities
- Demonstrate innovative, creative or interdisciplinary approaches
- Encourage networking or collaboration among organizations
- Demonstrate evidence of need and degree of planning
- Provide community benefit and impact
- Reflect diversity and inclusivity
- Provide leveraging possibilities or potential for additional funds from other sources
GrantWatch ID#: 172530
Multi-year commitments are not supported.
The Foundation funds eligible organizations that:
- Have registered charitable status with the Canada Revenue Agency [CRA]. Your charitable registration must be provided. (Your organization may wish to establish a formal agency relationship with a registered Canadian charity, in which case the link must be legitimate and an acceptable agency agreement must exist as per CRA bulletin June 20 2011, CG -004. Additional paperwork is required.)
- Provide services within Guelph and surrounding communities
- Make services available without discrimination
- Demonstrate fiscal and management responsibility, capacity for accountability, and financial need.
- Sabbatical leaves or student exchanges
- Operating or capital deficits
- Annual campaigns or fundraising activities
- Ongoing operational costs
- Retroactive expenses
- Endowment campaigns
- Multi-year commitments
- Activities that serve primarily the membership or purposes of religious organizations
- Political organizations or advocacy initiatives.
What you do:
- If your organization falls within the guidelines of eligibility outlined above, contact GCF to discuss your project.
- After discussion with GCF and the project is considered to be potentially fundable, complete the on-line application form and submit with accompanying attachments (including list of Board to Directors, current operating budget, most recent audited/unaudited financial statement).
- If you have any questions concerning the on-line grant application process, please contact the GCF office.
The Foundation will be accepting our Grant Program Applications through its on-line grant application process. If you cannot submit your application on-line, please contact the office.
Eligibility information: http://www.guelphcf.ca/CommunitybrOrganizations/Eligibility.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: http://www.guelphcf.ca/CommunitybrOrganizations/GrantPrograms/CommunityGrantsApplication.aspx
Chris Willard, Executive Director
P.O. Box 1311
Guelph, ON,N1H 6N6
46 Cork Street East
Guelph, ON N1H 2W8