Foundation / Corporation
The TJX Foundation
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for financial assistance to provide children and families with basic provisions, including food, shelter, and physical fitness programs, to support those fleeing from domestic abuse, and to support education and training programs for at-risk children and youth.
Only organizations and programs meeting the eligibility criteria will be considered for funding. Both the organization and the program should align to further the mission of The TJX Foundation to help families who need it most build a valuable future - a future where families' and children's critical basic needs are met and where they have access to the opportunities they need to succeed and thrive.
GrantWatch ID#: 172551
The TJX Foundation does not have a typical grant award range.
In order to be considered for a grant, organizations must:
- Be located within 15 miles of a TJX store, distribution center or office
- Be a registered 501(c)(3) for at least the past 12 months
- Not have received funding from TJX in the past 12 months
- Have a public nondiscrimination policy that states that the organization does not, by policy or practice, discriminate against a person or group on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law
- Capital campaigns
- Staff salaries
- Third-party giving/foundations
- Political groups/parties or lobbying
- Organizations requiring recipients to accept a specific belief or doctrine to receive services
- General operating funds
All potential grantee partners are required to submit a preliminary letter of inquiry. If a letter of inquiry falls within the funder's priorities and selection criteria, a full proposal will be requested from the organization. Full proposals are accepted by invitation only. The deadline for submitting a letter of inquiry for 2017 is November 17, 2017.
If you receive an invitation to apply, complete the required information and submit back within 30 days.
More information on the Basic Needs field of interest: http://www.tjx.com/responsibility/our-communities/supporting-health.html
More information on the Education and Training field of interest: http://www.tjx.com/responsibility/our-communities/supporting-health.html
More information on the Domestic Violence Prevention field of interest: http://www.tjx.com/responsibility/our-communities/safe-havens-domestic-violence.html
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and complete the eligibility quiz online:
Global Communications Team
The TJX Companies, Inc.
770 Cochituate Road, Route X4S
Framingham, MA 01701
USA: Alabama; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming