Foundation / Corporation
Foundation for Orange County Public Schools (OCPS)
Grants of up to $500 to Orange County, Florida public school teachers to purchase non-fiction books for pre-K-8th-grade students. The goal of these grants is to provide students with supplementary reading resources that will improve classroom learning and literacy.
Funding is intended to help teachers update classroom libraries or sets of non-fiction classroom books, including eBooks.
Community and education leaders judge grant applications in a competitive process, with preference given to creative proposals that clearly and comprehensively describes the classroom and student need for non-fiction reading materials.
GrantWatch ID#: 172557
Up to $500 per teacher or teaching team
Successful grant applicants will receive their grant awards by October 18, 2017. Grantees must spend funds by December 6, 2017.
- Any Pre-K through 8th grade Orange County Public School classroom teacher.
- Media Center resource teachers are not eligible.
- Charter Schools are not eligible.
Awards will not cover:
- Storage shelves and/or containers for books
- Awards, incentives, t-shirts, or food
Application Information: https://www.foundationforocps.org/p/580/login-instructions
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the following Grant Writing Resource Materials:
- Application Fact Sheet
- Rubric Sample
- Sample Application Template
- 2017 Grant Workshop Overview
- All applications must be submitted via the online grant portal.
- All applications must be principal approved.
- All applications must be anonymous. Please do not mention names (teacher, school, student, mascot, newspaper) unless specifically asked.
- Application due by: August 18, 2017
- Funds available by: October 18, 2017
- Spend funds by: December 6, 2017
- Submit expense report and return unspent funds by: December 13, 2017
- Final Evaluation due by: May 16, 2018
Note: If you are unable to meet the Key Dates for spending and reporting, please do not apply. Unspent funds must be returned by the December 13, 2017 deadline so they can be redistributed.
Other Pertinent Information:
- Each classroom teacher may submit one grant application or be part of one team.
- Non-fiction literature purchased with grant funds does not become the personal property of the grantee; however, they can travel from school to school with the grantee. Upon resignation or retirement, any remaining books become the property of the OCPS school where last held.
- Any funds not used and/or accounted for MUST be returned to the Foundation when the Expense Summary is submitted by the December 13, 2017 deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to get started with the online application or to login: https://www.foundationforocps.org/site-users/login
Contact Twanna Scroggins at 200-2919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Florida: Orange County