Foundation / Corporation
Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation (BTCF)
08/01/17 11:59 PM EST
Grants ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 to New England and New York nonprofits in eligible areas to support the creative work of mid-career (aged 35 and older) visual artists. Funding is intended to aid in the purchase, exhibit, or commission of artwork by mid-career visual artists who have demonstrated substantial commitment, development, and quality in their work.
Nonprofits must be located in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusets, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Additionally, New York organizations may be located in the following Dutchess and Columbia Counties communities:
- Columbia County: Stuyvesant, Valatie, Kinderhook, Chatham, New Lebanon, Canaan, Red Rock, Austerlitz, Ghent, Stockport, Hudson, Philmont, Greenport, Claverack, Hillside, Livingston, Taghkanic, Copake, Germantown, Clermont, Gallatin, and Ancram.
- Dutchess County: Pine Plains, Millerton North East, Stanford, Millbrook, Amenia, Washington, and Dover Plains.
Applications will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- The primary criterion for the selection of an organization is the quality of the proposed artist's work as evidenced by the images submitted.
- Quality and clarity of curatorial vision/direction.
- The potential impact of this grant on the institution, the artist, and the community.
Individual artists living in New England, or Columbia or Northeast Dutchess Counties, NY may also apply for an A.R.T. grant. See here for guidelines: http://www.berkshiretaconic.org/bReceivebNonprofitsIndividuals/SearchApplyforGrants/ArtistsResourcetrustARTFundforOrg.aspx
GrantWatch ID#: 172659
Grants awarded generally range from $2,500 to $10,000.
Nonprofit organizations in New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT), or the towns in NY that are part of Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation’s catchment area as of 2015 (Columbia and Northeast Dutchess Counties).
To apply an institution must:
- Do business within the geographic scope of the A.R.T. Fund
- Include an artist(s) that fulfill the guidelines of the A.R.T. Fund although financial need is not a consideration
- Have let two years lapse from receiving a prior A.R.T. grant
Grants should be matched 1:1 with cash.
Applications are due August 1, 2017. Applicants will be informed of Berkshire Taconic’s decision by December 31, 2017.
Application Information: http://www.berkshiretaconic.org/bReceivebNonprofitsIndividuals/AboutGrantsandScholarships/GrantsHowtoApply.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Maeve O'Dea, Program Director
Phone: 413-229-0370 ext. 111
Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation
800 North Main Street
PO Box 400
Sheffield, MA 01257-0400
Local Impact Map: http://www.berkshiretaconic.org/bLearnbAboutBTCF/LocalImpactMap.aspx
USA: Connecticut; Maine; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; New York: Columbia and Northeast Dutchess Counties; Rhode Island; Vermont