Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation of Utah
Awards to Utah businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies that conduct themselves honorably and with integrity. The purpose of these awards is to recognize organizations that embody the spirit of proper moral leadership as exhibited by the person for whom this award is named, Bill Daniels, who believed deeply in ethics in the workplace and in the importance of absolute ethical principles.
Applicants will be judged based on the following principles of ethical leadership, as identified by the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative:
- Integrity: Act with honesty in all situations
- Trust: Build trust in all stakeholder relationships
- Accountability: Accept responsibility for all decisions
- Transparency - Maintain open and truthful communications
- Fairness: Engage in fair competition and create equitable and just relationships
- Respect: Honor the rights, freedoms, views, and property of others
- Rule of Law: Comply with the spirit and intent of laws and regulations
- Viability: Create long-term value for all relevant stakeholders.
GrantWatch ID#: 172725
Two finalists and one winner are named in each of the three categories (Nonprofits, Government Agency, and Business).
Eligible applicants are nonprofits, businesses, and government agencies that conduct themselves to the highest ethical standards, consistent with the principles of ethical leadership as identified by the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative.
Applications for Utah businesses, government entities, and nonprofit organizations are due by July 21, 2017.
A team of academics and experts will then review the applications. Finalists will be announced by August 25, 2017, and the winners will be announced at the awards breakfast celebration, which will take place September 8, 2017 from 8:00 to 9:30 AM in the Bill and Pat Child Family Community Hall of the University of Utah David Eccles School of Business.
All finalists will be invited to attend the awards breakfast.
Learn more about the award here:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Candace Horne, Administrative Manager
Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative, University of Utah
Alex Eaton, Executive Director
Community Foundation of Utah
(801) 559-3005 x2
University of Utah Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative
Spencer Fox Eccles Business Building
1655 Campus Center Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112