Foundation / Corporation
Buckeye Authors' Book Fair Committee
In-kind grants of author visits and books valued at $500 to Ohio libraries, schools, and literacy programs to foster a love of reading and to promote Ohio authors, illustrators, and photographers. Grants are intended for special projects involving books by or about Ohioans.
This program offers two types of grants:
Gift certificates will be awarded as one $500 gift certificate to enhance a book collection or for a book give-away; or gift certificates totaling $500 will be awarded to individuals from a classroom or reading program. Proposals for Buckeye Book Fair gift certificate grants are to show new and creative ways to encourage reading and to promote Ohio topics. In evaluating grant applications to determine the award recipients, the Grant Committee will consider the impact of the grant (including financial need) and evidence of careful planning in preparing the grant project. Priority is given to applications where students or constituents are involved.
Proposals for Buckeye Book Fair literacy awards are to have a special project using books by or about Ohioans and to demonstrate financial need. Proposals for author visits must be carefully planned and are to show new and creative ways to encourage reading and to promote Ohio topics. In evaluating grant applications to determine the award recipients, the BBF Literacy Awards Committee will consider author availability and evidence of careful planning in preparing the grant project. Priority will be given to applications with strong Ohio themes and those organizations that demonstrate financial need.
GrantWatch ID#: 172738
Up to six (6) gift certificate grants will be awarded. Up to six (6) author visit grants will be awarded.
- Gift certificates will be awarded as one $500 gift certificate, or gift certificates totaling $500 will be awarded to individuals from a classroom or reading program.
- Author visit grants also involve the audience receiving free books (40 maximum).
- Gift certificates must be used at the November 3, 2018 Buckeye Book Fair.
- Author visits must take place between 10-15-2018 and 12-15-2018.
Applications are open to Ohio literacy programs, Ohio public libraries, and Ohio elementary and secondary schools, both public and private.
The deadline for applications is September 10, 2018. Winners will be notified by mail or email no later than October 10th.
- Applications be signed by your Library Director, School Superintendent, School Principal, Treasurer, or the individual at your nonprofit who is authorized to enter into financial agreements.
- Grant winners must participate in the November 3, 2018 Buckeye Book Fair to receive the free books.
- Author Visit Grants for a full-day visit (up to three 45-minute presentations) require a $500 match from the school, payable to the author, plus the author’s overnight accommodation prior to morning programs.
List of BBF participating authors: http://www.buckeyebookfair.com/pages/authorvisits.html
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit your completed application to:
Buckeye Book Fair
527 N. Market St, Ste 2
Wooster OH 44691
Or, email your application to email@example.com.
Questions may be addressed to the email above.