U.S. Department of the Interior - National Park Service
11/01/18 11:59 PM EST
Grants ranging from $15,000 to $50,000 to USA State historic preservation offices, certified local governments, and tribal, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian organizations for activities necessary to qualify and provide nominations of sites for historic place or landmark recognition.
Grant projects must support the survey, inventory, and designation of historic properties that are associated with communities currently underrepresented in the National Register of Historic Places and among National Historic Landmarks. Successful proposals will emphasize creative projects that promote the preservation of your jurisdiction’s diverse cultural resources.
GrantWatch ID#: 172862
12 - 15
An estimated range of $15,000 to $50,000 of funding is anticipated for each award.
Eligible applicants are:
- Tribal Historic Preservation Offices (THPOs), Federally Recognized Tribes, Alaska Native Groups, Native Hawaiian Organizations as defined by 54 U.S.C. 300300 et seq.
- State Historic Preservation Offices (SHPOs)
- Certified Local Governments (CLGs); a current list of CLGs is available at nps.gov/clg. Certified Local Government applicants must acknowledge the CLG jurisdiction and the project should describe how it will enhance the local CLG inventory.
What is not funded:
- Construction of new buildings
- Acquisition of collections or historic sites
- Conservation of collections, except as part of gathering oral history documentation
- Long-term maintenance or curatorial work beyond the grant period
- Reconstructing historic properties (recreating all or a significant portion that no longer exists)
- Moving or work on moved historic properties that are no longer eligible for listing in the NRHP
- Cash reserves, endowments, revolving funds, or fund-raising costs
- Work performed prior to announcement of award
- Lobbying or advocacy activities
- Costs for work already completed or funded through other federal programs
- Administrative costs may exceed 25% of project budget
- Miscellaneous costs, contingencies, reserves, and overhead
- Nominations of sites not previously determined eligible by the SHPO or that may have owner objection to listing
Costs incurred by the applicant prior to the start date of the period of performance of a signed Federal award are only allowable with written approval by a Financial Assistance Awarding Officer.
Application Due Date: November 1, 2018 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
Please note: registration in the systems can take several weeks.
Applicants are encouraged to submit the application well before the deadline.
NPS will notify the applicant selected for award by spring of 2019.
Non-Federal cost sharing is not required to be eligible for an award under this NOFO but will be considered as a competitive factor.
All applicants must be registered in the System for Awards Management (SAM) prior to award under this NOFO. Instructions for registering for SAM are located at http://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM. All applicants must maintain an active SAM registration with current information at all times while they have an active Federal award or an application under consideration.
All applicants must also be registered with, and willing to process all payments through, the Department of the Treasury Automated Standard Application for Payments (ASAP) system. All non-Federal entities with active NPS financial assistance agreements must be enrolled in ASAP under the appropriate Agency Location Code(s) (ALC) and the Data Universal Number System (DUNS) Number prior to the award of funds.
View this opportunity on Grants.gov:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online through Grants.gov:
U.S. Department of the Interior
National Park Service
State, Tribal, and Local Plans & Grants Division
1201 Eye Street, NW (2256)
Washington, DC 20005
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming