Foundation / Corporation
08/01/18 - Applications will be accepted for Human Services and Civic Engagement Only
Grants to Atlanta, Georgia nonprofit organizations and qualified tribal and governmental agencies, including public school systems, for programs in the areas of community development and education. Funding will also be considered for arts and culture, civic engagement, the environment and human services.
The Metro Atlanta region consists of the following counties: Butts, Clayton, Cobb, Dawson, DeKalb, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Haralson, Heard, Henry, Jasper, Lamar, Pike, and Rockdale.
Wells Fargo makes grants in two primary areas:
Serving low-and-moderate income communities in the areas of:
- Affordable housing
- Financial literacy
- Employment training and job development (workforce development)
- Community revitalization and stabilization
- Support of organizations and programs that work to eliminate the pre-K-12th-grade achievement gap in public education through curriculum-based or school-sponsored programs
Wells Fargo also considers grants to organizations that support the following areas:
Arts and Culture
Requests are considered from organizations that work to enhance community diversity through:
- Access to and participation in cultural experiences for low- and moderate-income individuals
- Availability of a broad array of artistic opportunities and venues that reflect the community’s diversity
Support of organizations that enhance a community’s quality of life through projects involving:
- Public policy
- Community beautification
- Civic leadership
- Citizen education
- Cultural diversity
Support of organizations whose primary purpose is:
- Preservation and conservation of natural resources
- Protection of endangered species
- Preservation of the global environment
Requests are considered from social and human service organizations that:
- Enable and sustain independence for individuals and families
- Ensure access to health education programs and quality health care
Wells Fargo prefers to fund outcome-driven programs versus unrestricted sponsorships and events for nonprofits.
GrantWatch ID#: 172889
Wells Fargo makes contributions to organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as well as qualified tribal and governmental agencies, including public school systems.
The Foundation typically doesn't support organizations operating for fewer than 2 years after receiving 501(c)(3) status.
Please note that Wells Fargo is unable to consider grants for the following:
- International organizations
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in programs that are non-sectarian, benefit a broad base of the community, and have a separate 501(c)(3) designation
- Private foundations
- Political action committees, causes, or candidates
- Alumni organizations
- Individual schools (private, public, charter, or parochial)
- Recreational, athletic, or sports teams, programs, or leagues
- Travel or conferences for nonprofit agency personnel
- Animal benefit programs
- Higher education scholarships, fellowships, or internships
Wells Fargo will consider cause-related sponsorship requests.
Grants are available to the following counties: Butts, Clayton, Cobb, Dawson, DeKalb, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Haralson, Heard, Henry, Jasper, Lamar, Pike, and/or Rockdale.
Grant requests are reviewed three times a year.
Applications are due, according to areas of focus, by the following dates:
February 1 - Community Development
April 1 - Education, Arts and Culture, and Environment
August 1 - Human Services and Civic Engagement
Please submit sponsorship requests on the same online form at least 60 days prior to the event.
Local decisions are typically made, and notifications sent, within two weeks of the committee meeting. A check is normally sent out 4-6 weeks after approval.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.wellsfargo.com/exit/e?id=1122589222
Community Affairs Officer
171 17th Street, MAC G0128-07C
Atlanta, GA 30363
USA: Georgia: Butts, Clayton, Cobb, Dawson, DeKalb, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Haralson, Heard, Henry, Jasper, Lamar, Pike, and Rockdale Counties