Foundation / Corporation
Esping Family Foundation
Grants to Dallas County, Texas nonprofits and public agencies for programs that focus on the areas of health, human services, education, and arts and culture. A letter of intent (LOI) is due by February 15, 2018. Within the focus areas, the Foundation currently has three areas of high interest:
- Improving the educational outcome of Texas children (K-12)
- Children and Families
- Youth Development
The Foundation looks for one or more of the following conditions in an application:
- Targeting underserved individuals and communities
- Innovation in addressing issues
- Collaboration with other organizations
- Staff’s ability to bring out intended results
- Evidence of accountability and evaluation
- Foundation support would be vital or catalytic to a proposed project’s success
- The project is well planned and the agency has the capacity to execute the plan
- Financial support from other sources exists to ensure that the project will be implemented and continue after the grant period. It will expedite the review process if between one-third and one-half of the needed project funds have been secured before applying.
Rather than being a source of funds to maintain the current level of services, the Foundation prefers to help organizations reach more people through new programs or expansion of existing services. However, under certain circumstances, the grant will support the start-up of new organizations or efforts to strengthen the organizational capacity of existing ones.
GrantWatch ID#: 172931
One year and multi-year grants are available.
The Foundation can distribute grants only to qualified public entities or 501(c)(3) charities serving the people of Texas.
The Foundation does not lend or grant money to individuals.
The Foundation does not fund for-profit organizations.
In general, grants are not made for purposes of:
- Individual scholarships or loans
- Underwriting for charity balls
- Endowment or permanent funds
- Capital Campaigns
- School sports or bands
- Church or seminary construction
- Underwriting fund-raising events
- Professional conferences and symposia unless directly related to our areas of high interest
- Out-of-state travel expenses for performances or competition
- Support of single artistic events or performances
Generally, the Foundation does not fund the annual budget of established organizations.
The Esping Family Foundation accepts all grant proposals only in electronic format via an online application.
Grant Application Process:
- Spring Grant Cycle: You begin the grant application process by completing a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) which is due on or before February 15 each Spring. You will be notified on or before March 1st if you have been selected to proceed to the second phase of the grant process. Grant requests are due April 1st.
- Fall Grant Cycle: You begin the grant application process by completing a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) which is due on or before July 15 each Summer. You will hear on or before September 1st if you have been selected to proceed to the second phase of the grant process. Grant requests are due October 1st.
Each organization is limited to one application within a twelve-month period.
You will receive acknowledgment electronically when your LOI has been received. The Foundation prefers to schedule face-to-face meetings after receiving an application. That way staff is familiar with the proposed project and can offer informed advice. However, they are available by phone or email to discuss your application at any time and they may schedule pre-grant interviews as time permits.
Proposals are usually processed within 4 to 6 months.
Organizations funded for 3 years in a row must wait 2 years before re-applying. Organizations awarded multi-year grants must wait 3 years from their last installment, before re-applying.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online Application Portal:
Heather Esping, President
Jenny Kirtland, Vice-President
Esping Family Foundation
2828 Routh St., Suite 500
Dallas, TX 75201
Link to Dallas County map: http://www.espingfamilyfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/DallasCountyMap.gif
USA: Texas: Dallas County