Nevada Department of Education (NDE)
05/10/19 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants to Nevada nonprofit educational organizations, charter school boards, regional school districts, employee associations, and professional development organizations for teacher training, professional development, and leadership training. Funding is also intended for programs to recruit, select, and retain effective teachers and principals.
For FY20-FY21, the SBE has identified the following priorities for which applications will be considered:
- Teacher Preparation, Recruitment, Retention, and Leadership, including building the teacher pipeline
- Updated and Newly-Adopted Nevada Academic Content Standards: Computer Science, Financial Literacy, Social Studies, Fine Arts
- School Leadership Development: NEPF Observations and Student Learning Goals; Effective Models of School Improvement
Examples of allowable use of funds:
Consultants, coaches, stipends, per Diem, substitute pay, standard fringe benefits, airfare, hotel, conference registrations, professional books, markers, pens, photocopy expenses, external evaluators, laptop, SWIVL, etc.
GrantWatch ID#: 173138
A grant of money from the GTLF may be awarded for the period specified by the applicant in the application (one or two years.) Applicants should anticipate that awards made each fiscal year must be encumbered (all services completed/ goods purchased) by June 30th of each year, with final requests for funds completed and submitted by August 10th.
Applicants should have a demonstrated history of success in recruitment, retention, and/or professional development of teachers, administrators, other licensed personnel, and/or pre-service candidates. Pursuant to NRS391A.500, the specific entities eligible to submit applications for the GTLF awards include:
- Governing body of a regional training program for the professional development of teachers and administrators;
- Board of trustees of a school district;
- Governing body of a charter school;
- State Public Charter School Authority;
- University, state college, or community college within the Nevada System of Higher Education;
- Employee associations representing licensed educational personnel; and
- Nonprofit educational organizations. (503(c)(3) documentation required.)
Examples of non-allowable use of funds:
Indirect costs, food, candy, drinks, classroom teacher salaries, student books, student classroom supplies, promotional items for your entity, association memberships, etc
FY20 Grant Timeline:
- Application Released: Friday, March 22, 2019
- Application Deadline: 5:00 PM, Friday, May 10, 2019
- Recommendations to SBE: Thursday, June 6, 2019
- Award Notifications: Monday, June 24, 2019
- Funds Encumbered by: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications may be submitted electronically to:
KellyLynn Charles, Education Programs Professional