Foundation / Corporation
Washington County Community Foundation (WCCF)
Grants of up to $1,000 to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for projects that benefit the Washington County community. Funding is intended for programs in the areas of arts and humanities, education, environment and animal welfare, health and fitness, human needs, community improvement, and religious/faith-based projects.
Funding area details include:
- Arts and Humanities: Projects that benefit arts education and arts appreciation, including the performing, visual, and creative arts, as well as cultural and historic projects in the community.
- Community Improvement: Projects that focus on strengthening, unifying, and building the economic, cultural, educational, and social services, and the spirit of any community or neighborhood. Projects include, but are not limited to, economic development activities in depressed areas, community parks, walking trails, green space projects, agricultural fairs, and community festivals.
- Education: Projects to enhance the education experience for persons of any age, including literacy and lifelong learning.
- Environment and Animal Welfare: Projects to protect the environment and to ensure biodiversity, including conservation, protection of ecosystems, agricultural projects, protection of wildlife, and the care of domesticated animals.
- Health and Fitness: Projects that promote the physical and emotional health of the community, including medical services, counseling, fitness, and wellness programs.
- Human Needs: Projects that give aid, comfort, support or assistance to children and youth, senior citizens, or the indigent.
- Religious/Faith Based: Projects that promote interdenominational sharing and understanding and that emphasize the importance of spiritual growth and development.
Particular consideration will be given to applicants that:
- Improve the effectiveness of existing organizations. Proposals to establish new charities will receive particular scrutiny.
- Encourage inter-agency cooperation. Proposals from multiple applicants which address a single community issue are encouraged.
- Have multiple funding sources. Multiple funding sources help validate a proposal. Normally, the Foundation will not be the only source of support for a particular project.
- Have a broad impact upon the community.
- Leverage additional money as a challenge grant.
- Enable an existing organization to establish a new project.
GrantWatch ID#: 173143
Grant requests should be limited to $1,000.
The Foundation does not normally make ongoing commitments, though a large grant may be spread out over more than one fiscal year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: http://wccf.formstack.com/forms/grant_application
Online contact form:
The Washington County Community Foundation
1253 Route 519
P.O. Box 308
Eighty Four, PA 15330
Phone: (724) 222-6330
USA: Pennsylvania: Washington County
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants of up to $50,000 to researchers affiliated with USA qualified institutions for research in the field of pediatric oncology. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to submitting a full application. Funding is intended to increase the institution's capacity to conduct
Grants to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations, associations, private or public agencies, and individuals for programs that improve the quality of life for residents. The purpose of funding is to support programs that focus on health, recreation, safety, and social issu
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for programs and projects to benefit communities in eligible regions. Applicants must submit a letter of inquiry prior to submitting a full application. Funding is intended for programs to foster healthy communities, create
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grants to USA, Mexico, and Haiti nonprofits, for-profit organizations, and government entities for programs and services that improve the quality of life for underserved children. Focus areas include working families, equitable communities, and thriving children. The Fu
Donations to USA nonprofit organizations for programming support for arts, pre-K-12 education, and literacy programs across the country. In addition, sponsorship opportunities are provided to USA for-profit and nonprofit organizations focusing on literacy, the arts, a
Grants of up to $1,500 to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations in eligible regions for community service projects and programs that benefit local residents. The funding source considers projects that support children and youth its priority. The Foundation’s geographic