Foundation / Corporation
Washington County Community Foundation (WCCF)
Grants of up to $1,000 to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for projects that benefit the Washington County community. Funding is intended for programs in the areas of arts and humanities, education, environment and animal welfare, health and fitness, human needs, community improvement, and religious/faith-based projects.
Funding area details include:
- Arts and Humanities: Projects that benefit arts education and arts appreciation, including the performing, visual, and creative arts, as well as cultural and historic projects in the community.
- Community Improvement: Projects that focus on strengthening, unifying, and building the economic, cultural, educational, and social services, and the spirit of any community or neighborhood. Projects include, but are not limited to, economic development activities in depressed areas, community parks, walking trails, green space projects, agricultural fairs, and community festivals.
- Education: Projects to enhance the education experience for persons of any age, including literacy and lifelong learning.
- Environment and Animal Welfare: Projects to protect the environment and to ensure biodiversity, including conservation, protection of ecosystems, agricultural projects, protection of wildlife, and the care of domesticated animals.
- Health and Fitness: Projects that promote the physical and emotional health of the community, including medical services, counseling, fitness, and wellness programs.
- Human Needs: Projects that give aid, comfort, support or assistance to children and youth, senior citizens, or the indigent.
- Religious/Faith Based: Projects that promote interdenominational sharing and understanding and that emphasize the importance of spiritual growth and development.
Particular consideration will be given to applicants that:
- Improve the effectiveness of existing organizations. Proposals to establish new charities will receive particular scrutiny.
- Encourage inter-agency cooperation. Proposals from multiple applicants which address a single community issue are encouraged.
- Have multiple funding sources. Multiple funding sources help validate a proposal. Normally, the Foundation will not be the only source of support for a particular project.
- Have a broad impact upon the community.
- Leverage additional money as a challenge grant.
- Enable an existing organization to establish a new project.
GrantWatch ID#: 173143
Grant requests should be limited to $1,000.
The Foundation does not normally make ongoing commitments, though a large grant may be spread out over more than one fiscal year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: http://wccf.formstack.com/forms/grant_application
Online contact form:
The Washington County Community Foundation
1253 Route 519
P.O. Box 308
Eighty Four, PA 15330
Phone: (724) 222-6330
USA: Pennsylvania: Washington County