Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $1,000 to Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia PreK-12 teachers and youth group leaders to enhance STEM education. Applications are invited from educators within the funding source's service area for STEM-related classroom projects and professional development opportunities.
Any creative classroom project in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics will be considered. Projects that incorporate the following components are of the greatest interest:
- Designed to improve, advance and enrich student learning
- One-time, one-year implementation and evaluation
- Flexible and appropriate for targeted stage of student development
- Range from formative ideas that explore learning concepts to fully tested models that are ready to be adopted and disseminated
- Clearly explain how the items requested for funding are vital to the project’s successful completion
- Include additional support from other sources for larger projects
- Networking, mentoring, interdisciplinary or team-teaching, and teacher training/professional development
- Focus on electricity and electricity production
Grants may be used to compensate experts who come to work with students and educators. Resources requested should be integral components of a well-planned classroom project or lesson plan, and important to its success.
GrantWatch ID#: 173156
Up to $1,000
Projects must be completed during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications must be submitted by mail, email or fax to:
76 South Main St., Akron
FirstEnergy service area map:
USA: Maryland; New Jersey; Ohio; Pennsylvania; West Virginia