Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $1,000 to Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia PreK-12 teachers and youth group leaders to enhance STEM education. Applications are invited from educators within the funding source's service area for STEM-related classroom projects and professional development opportunities.
Any creative classroom project in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics will be considered. Projects that incorporate the following components are of the greatest interest:
- Designed to improve, advance and enrich student learning
- One-time, one-year implementation and evaluation
- Flexible and appropriate for targeted stage of student development
- Range from formative ideas that explore learning concepts to fully tested models that are ready to be adopted and disseminated
- Clearly explain how the items requested for funding are vital to the project’s successful completion
- Include additional support from other sources for larger projects
- Networking, mentoring, interdisciplinary or team-teaching, and teacher training/professional development
- Focus on electricity and electricity production
Grants may be used to compensate experts who come to work with students and educators. Resources requested should be integral components of a well-planned classroom project/lesson plan, and important to its success.
GrantWatch ID#: 173156
Up to $1,000
Projects must be completed during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Grants are available to educators (Pre-K through grade 12) at schools, youth groups and educational program administrators in communities served by FirstEnergy.
Grants may not be use to pay teachers or staff.
This grant is for resources needed for individual classroom projects. If more than one classroom is undertaking the same or a very similar project, only one grant per school may be awarded.
The following are not supported by this grant:
- Laboratory supplies, books or equipment for general school use
- Media equipment (computers, digital cameras, projectors, white boards, DVD players, etc.) and furniture (display and book cases, carts, etc.)
- Admission fees and stipends for conferences, workshops and competitions
- Transportation, incentives, meals and refreshments
- Previously funded projects
- Routine responsibilities of the educator submitting the proposal
- Projects that require multiple academic years for completion
Applications must be received by September 21, 2018 for consideration during the 2018-2019 school year.
Grant awards will be recommended by the FirstEnergy Educational Advisory Council. Recipients will be notified by Friday, October 19, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For more information, you may contact the external affairs manager at your local FirstEnergy office:
You may also call: 330-384-5022
Mail applications to:
Community Involvement Department
76 South Main St.
Akron, OH 44308
Or email to:
Or fax to:
FirstEnergy service area map:
USA: Maryland; New Jersey; Ohio; Pennsylvania; Virginia; West Virginia