Foundation / Corporation
Maine Community Foundation - Maine Charity Foundation Fund
09/15/17 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $7,500 to Maine nonprofits, municipalities, Tribal governments, and public agencies for programs that address the needs of older people (age 60 or older). Priority will be given to programs that support disadvantaged or vulnerable populations that live in poverty and/or lack access to critical resources such as education, housing, food, and transportation. The aim of these priorities is to help older people remain vital, socially engaged, and contributing community members.
The Maine Charity Foundation Fund will accept applications in 2017 for projects focused on vulnerable or disadvantaged older people that:
- Increase education about and access to available resources for older people
- Engage older people in healthy and active pursuits
- Provide transportation solutions
- Reduce isolation by connecting people around a shared activity and interest.
Types of support: The Maine Charity Foundation Fund will award grants for new or ongoing projects only. Eligible expenses are equipment that is critical to a project.
GrantWatch ID#: 173175
Maximum award: $7,500
The grant period is one year, though an organization may submit requests in consecutive years. Multi-year requests will not be considered.
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) federal tax-exempt organizations, including most municipalities
- Public schools
- Public agencies working for the State of Maine
- Indian tribal governments (or political subdivisions) recognized by the Department of the Interior
- Non-exempt groups with a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) organization, public school, or public agency (see Fiscal Sponsorship link below)
The Foundation will not fund:
- Annual appeals and capital campaigns
- Multi-year requests (the grant period is one year, though an organization may submit requests in consecutive years)
- Expenses that have already been incurred.
General grant guidelines: http://www.mainecf.org/GrantsNonprofits/HelpforGrantApplicants/GrantGuidelines.aspx
Fiscal sponsorship: http://www.mainecf.org/GrantsNonprofits/HelpforGrantApplicants/GrantGuidelines/FiscalSponsorshipOverview.aspx
Grant related documents: http://www.mainecf.org/GrantsNonprofits/HelpforGrantApplicants/Grant-RelatedDocuments.aspx
Online applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on September 15.
If the grant program uses online applications, these must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on the program deadline, even on weekends and holidays.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://maine-grants.fluidreview.com/
Questions about the Maine Charity Foundation Fund:
Laura Lee, Program Officer
Questions about the application process:
Amy Pollien, Grants Manager
1-877-700-6800 ext 1109
Maine Community Foundation
245 Main Street
Ellsworth, ME 04605
Maine Community Foundation
1 Monument Way, Suite 200
Portland, ME 04101