Foundation / Corporation
Sussex Area Community Foundation (SACF)
09/12/18 12:00 PM
Grants of up to $5,000 to Sussex area, New Brunswick nonprofit organizations for innovative programs and projects that meet the needs of local communities. Funding is intended for projects focusing on the areas of health, environment, social programs, sports and recreation, education, and/or arts and culture.
The Foundation gives preference to new initiatives that:
- Provide services within the Greater Sussex Service District
- Build citizen capacities for leadership and participation in community life
- Contribute to the development of healthy citizens and healthy communities
- Build appreciation for community heritage and culture
- Support community stewardship of natural resources and the environment
- Improve quality of life by building on community strengths and resources
- Have a broad community benefit
- Encourage efficient use of community resources
- Encourage volunteer participation and citizen involvement
- Encourage collaboration among groups and/or communities
- Connect multiple sectors of the community
- Agree to a commitment for project evaluation and assessment
GrantWatch ID#: 173299
Generally, the maximum grant available will be $5,000. However, due to the number of grant requests, most grants awarded are less than this.
Projects must be completed by the end of the calendar year.
Only registered charities (qualified donees: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/charities-giving/charities/policies-guidance/qualified-donees.html) are eligible for grants from Sussex Area Community Foundation Inc. Nonprofit organizations that do not have a charitable registration number, but would like to apply for a grant, please read the document entitled “ How a Non-Profit Organization Can Apply for a Grant” and complete the “Confirmation of Written Agreement Between a Registered Charity and a Nonprofit Organization” form (in Supporting Documents below).
Organizations must demonstrate effective management and fiscal responsibility.
Grants are not made to individuals or businesses.
Sussex Area Community Foundation Inc. will not support requests from or for:
- Organizations outside the Greater Sussex Service District
- An organization’s usual operational or core expenses
- Are for any expenses which predate the award
- Funds used to cover deficits, retire debts or mortgage payments
- Funds are to provide for or establish endowments
- Funds are used for sectarian, religious or political purposes
- Travel costs
- For team or club sponsorship
- Funds are part of an annual fund drive for sustaining support
- Organization show a dependency on future funding
- Funds which will be used to make awards to a third party
- Project duplicates services provided by other organizations
- Organizations are totally government funded or directed
- Projects that cannot be completed by the end of the calendar year
- Groups that have not returned the required documentation from previous SACFI awards
The Sussex Area Community Foundation 2018 Spring Community Grants will be due March 14, 2018 at 12pm.
Community grant applications will be due twice per year – March & September. The Community Grant applications are due the second Wednesday of March and September at 12:00 (noon). No late grants will be accepted. Grants will be evaluated in the month due and awarded in the following month (approximately 6 weeks from due date). All grant applicants will receive notification of their grant status.
If your organization requires a “Confirmation of Written Agreement Between a Registered Charity and a Non-Profit Organization” letter of support form, be advised that it may take up to six weeks for the supporting organization to provide this letter for your application. Please plan ahead.
Grant Policy: http://sacfi.org/grants/grants-policy/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
You may return your applications form and supporting documentation by email or send it by mail, courier or hand-delivered to the following address:
Miriam Verschoor, Executive Director
Sussex Area Community Foundation Inc.
Sussex Area Community Foundation Inc.
494 Main Street – Unit 1
Sussex, New Brunswick, E4E 2S4
Questions? Please contact:
Jerry Streisel, Grants Committee Chair
or the executive director using the contact information above.
Canada: New Brunswick