Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley
Grants of up to $5,000 to Dutchess County, New York nonprofit organizations for capacity building activities. A letter of inquiry is due by August 15, 2017. The Funding Source focuses its grant making on proposals that address the following priorities to build the capacity of their organization and community, including but not limited to:
- Support of programs and services; whether delivered independently or collaboratively
- Initiatives that support organizational sustainability; such as the development and implementation of programs, services and related educational materials that generate self-sustaining resources. Requests must be directly related to the organization’s mission
- Equipment to improve office operations and/or program delivery
- Professional development for staff and/or board members (excluding travel expenses)
Each application will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Organization: Does the organization meet the eligibility criteria? Is their purpose/mission clear and concise? Does the organization exhibit a capacity to utilize the grant effectively? Does the organization effectively demonstrate the number of Dutchess County residents served by the organization? What is the organization’s grant history with the
- Community Foundation (number of grants applied for/awarded, past grant paperwork up-to-date, effectiveness, etc.)?
- Program/Project Request: How well does the request improve the capacity of the organization and improve its ability to effectively serve their target population?
- Budget: Is the budget request clear and focused on the program/project described?
- Viability of Other Funding: If additional funding is needed to pursue the program/project/equipment or if only partial funding is granted, specifically how will program/project/equipment be funded?
- Quality of Application: Is the grant clear and concise? Were the grant guidelines followed? Are the requested documents provided and well prepared?
GrantWatch ID#: 173338
Grants made through this program will not exceed $5,000.
The following organizations are eligible to apply for grants:
- Tax exempt organizations located in Dutchess County, New York
- Tax exempt organizations providing services to residents of Dutchess County, New York (organizations must be able to clearly document the number of residents in Dutchess County being served).
Please note that grants are not given to support:
- Debt reduction
- Underwriting of special events
- Capital project expenses such as design and labor. Material expenses may be considered.
- Travel and lodging expenses related to professional development/ training
- Shipping expenses related to the purchase of equipment
- Fundraising campaigns, such as endowment, capital or annual campaigns
- Projects related to partisan politics or elections
- Schools, however, grants may be made to support student/teacher community service programs targeted to assist community needs or for professional development opportunities at schools targeting disadvantaged populations
- Religious organizations, however, grants may be made to support non-religious programs provided through these institutions
- Expenses that have occurred prior to the expected announcement dates of the grant awards
LOIs are due August 15, 2017.
If invited, full applications are due by October 1, 2017.
Awards will be announced in December 2017.
Application Information and Forms:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
For questions, contact Cristin McPeake, Director of Programs, at (845) 452-3077 or email@example.com.
USA: New York: Dutchess County