Foundation / Corporation
Acadiana Center for the Arts (AcA)
08/24/18 4:00 PM
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to Louisiana arts and culture nonprofits to enhance the local cultural life of the community and expand access to arts programs. Funding is available to support a specific arts project and to cover an organization's operating expenses.
This Arts and Culture Funding Program is designed to support arts projects and the operations of arts and culture organizations that will significantly enhance the arts and cultural life of the community, while promoting local artists and the arts in Lafayette Parish.
Two types of funding are available:
Provides funding for a specific arts project. Projects can include, but are not limited to: performances, exhibits, classes, workshops, technical assistance, and the creation of new art works. This list offers possible suggestions, but is not to be considered exhaustive. Applicants are not limited to selecting a project from this list.
Provides funding for operating expenses, such as salaries, supplies, and utilities, of arts organizations with 501(c)(3) status from the IRS. Up to 25% of the previous year’s annual operating revenues and no more than $5,000.
An Operations Grant may be used for expenses such as professional salaries, employee benefits, transportation, supplies and materials, telephone, utilities, postage, travel and meetings, rent, equipment/maintenance, and insurance.
Purpose of this Grant Program
- To foster a vital and resourceful arts community
- To increase opportunities for local artists
- To develop larger and more diverse audiences for arts activities
- To expand access to arts experiences to the community, especially to people with otherwise limited opportunities
- To encourage new initiatives and expand existing programming
GrantWatch ID#: 173503
The minimum grant request is $1,000 and the maximum is $5,000.
The current funding period is November 1, 2018–October 15, 2019.
Non-profit arts and cultural organizations based in Lafayette Parish, whose purpose is to develop, promote, encourage and/or present arts and culture to the public, to insure community accessibility, and to target diverse populations are eligible to apply.
Applicant organizations must meet all of the following requirements:
- Tax-exempt under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code
- In existence for at least one year
- Governed by a Board of Directors that meets at least quarterly
- Capital expenditures or the purchase of equipment
- Scholarships, fellowships, or tuition assistance
- Deficit reduction
- Costs incurred before the effective date of the contract or after the project is complete
- Operational support
- Competitions, pageants, fund-raising events, or hospitality costs
- Administrative costs not associated with the project
- Events not open to the public
- Projects submitted by organizations currently receiving direct support from Lafayette Consolidated Government
A free Grant Application Assistance Workshop will be held at Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette on August 1, 2018 at 10:00am.
It is highly recommended that all applicants attend, as there may be new procedures and processes associated with this grants program.
Application Deadline: August 24, 2018 — 4:00pm
There is no cash match. In-kind support is not mandatory, but strengthens an application.
To receive technical assistance with the application, prior to submission, applicants may contact Gwen Richard. Applicants will be notified prior to the beginning of the grant round about the results of the application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to:
Acadiana Center for the Arts
Community Development Department
101 W. Vermilion St.
Lafayette, LA 70501
Gwen Richard, Community Development Director
337-233-7060 ex 227