Foundation / Corporation
Foundation for Orange County Public Schools (OCPS), Consortium of Florida Education Foundations and Duke Energy
Grants of up to $5,000 to Orange County, Florida K-12 public school teachers for hands-on STEM education projects. Funding is intended to support projects that are done in collaboration with local businesses. Eligible projects are those that give students the opportunity to apply STEM concepts through problem-based learning activities.
All grant awards must be used for the purchase of project supplies, equipment, and/or software for program implementation.
STEM Partnership Grants target projects that include partnerships with local businesses where students are solving a problem. Also eligible are robotic or other STEM clubs that happen before, after, or during school (business partner needed for clubs, too).
Projects should include a real-world problem/challenge that mimics tasks/practices of STEM professionals, hands-on learning opportunities, and a scientific discovery process. Technology should be appropriately incorporated into the project.
Preference will be given to creative, well-written proposals that clearly and comprehensively describe the classroom and student need involving the greatest number of under-performing students.
GrantWatch ID#: 173638
Up to $5,000
You MUST complete your STEM Partnership project by April 15, 2019.
- Any K-12 Orange County Public School science, technology, engineering, and/or math classroom teacher may apply.
- Only one Duke Energy STEM Partnership Application or Duke Energy Math-Science-Energy Education application per teacher and/or teaching team will be considered. Please plan your grant request accordingly.
- Pre-K and charter schools are not eligible.
Funding is not intended for:
- Honorariums, salaries, stipends, or substitute teachers
- Field trips or transportation
- Awards, incentives, food (unless part of an experiment)
- Programs that are state mandated or existing programs funded by another organization
- Replication of a grant awarded in a prior academic year by the same grantee
- Maintenance of a grant awarded in a prior academic year by the same grantee
Information on How to Apply: https://www.foundationforocps.org/p/580/login-instructions
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the following Grant Writing Resource Materials:
- Application Fact Sheet
- Rubric Sample
- Sample Application Template
- 2017 Grant Workshop Overview
- Application due date: August 17, 2018
- Award notification by: October 5, 2018
- Mid-year financial report* by: January 16, 2019
*This report will include funds spent to-date and timeline to spend remaining funds.
- Final expense report and return unspent funds by: April 15, 2019
- Submit final evaluation by: May 15, 2019
Note: If you are unable to meet the key dates for spending and reporting, please do not apply. Unspent funds must be returned by the April 15, 2019 deadline.
Checks are payable to the grantee’s school. Amount granted may be different from budget request.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.foundationforocps.org/site-users/login#.W0yHstIzbIU
Contact the Foundation office at x2002919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Florida: Orange County