Foundation / Corporation
Consortium of Florida Education Foundations and Duke Energy - Foundation for Orange County Public Schools (OCPS)
Grants of up to $5,000 to Orange County, Florida K-12 public school teachers for hands-on STEM education projects. Funding is intended to help students learn the application of STEM subjects through problem-based learning activities that in collaboration with business partners in the community.
All grant awards must be used for the purchase of project supplies, equipment, and/or software for program implementation.
STEM Partnership Grants target projects that include partnerships with local businesses where students are solving a problem. Also eligible are robotic or other STEM clubs that happen before, after, or during school (business partner needed for clubs, too).
Projects should include a real-world problem/challenge that mimics tasks/practices of STEM professionals, hands-on learning opportunities, and a scientific discovery process. Technology should be appropriately incorporated into the project.
Preference will be given to creative, well-written proposals that clearly and comprehensively describe the classroom and student need involving the greatest number of under-performing students.
GrantWatch ID#: 173638
Up to $5,000
Approved grants will be awarded by October 18, 2017.
Project must take place between October 27, 2017 and April 13, 2018 during and/ or after school.
- Any K-12 Orange County Public School science, technology, engineering, and/or math classroom teacher may apply.
- Only one Duke Energy STEM Partnership Application or Duke Energy Math-Science-Energy Education application per teacher and/or teaching team will be considered. Please plan your grant request accordingly.
- Pre-K and charter schools are not eligible.
Funding is not intended for:
- Honorariums, salaries, stipends, or substitute teachers
- Field trips or transportation
- Awards, incentives, food (unless part of an experiment)
- Programs that are state mandated or existing programs funded by another organization
- Replication of a grant awarded in a prior academic year by the same grantee
- Maintenance of a grant awarded in a prior academic year by the same grantee
Information on How to Apply: https://www.foundationforocps.org/p/580/login-instructions
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the following Grant Writing Resource Materials:
- Application Fact Sheet
- Rubric Sample
- Sample Application Template
- 2017 Grant Workshop Overview
- Application due date: August 18, 2017
- Award notification by: October 18, 2017
- Mid-year financial report* by: January 12, 2018
*This report will include funds spent to-date and timeline to spend remaining funds.
- Final expense report and return unspent funds by: April 20, 2018
- Submit final evaluation by: May 16, 2018
Note: If you are unable to meet the key dates for spending and reporting, please do not apply. Unspent funds must be returned by the April 20, 2018 deadline.
Checks are payable to the grantee’s school. Amount granted may be different from budget request.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.foundationforocps.org/site-users/login
Contact the Foundation office at 200-2919 or email email@example.com.
USA: Florida: Orange County