Foundation / Corporation
Cumberland Community Foundation
Grants to Cumberland County, North Carolina nonprofits to benefit local communities and improve the quality of life. Applicants must attend one of the several information sessions taking place between June 27 and August 9. Funding will be provided for programs and projects that focus on any of the following impact areas:
1) Growing Philanthropy and Local Giving: through endowment building for any charitable purpose, geographic outreach using matching grants, donor advised fund services, hosting of the Women’s Giving Circle of Cumberland County, professional advisor outreach (CLE training, one-on-one visits, targeted mailings), special project fundraising (Million Pounds, Sandhills State Cemetery Project), and 35th Anniversary Community Outreach Grants.
2) Growing Sustainable Support for Local Nonprofit Organizations: through the 2020 Development Goals, stewardship of nonprofit endowments, training on planned giving and endowment building, one on one donor development, matching grants through the Lilly Endowment Challenge, communications mini-grants, and Endowment Partner Operating Support Grants.
3) Increasing College Access and Affordability: through the CCF Scholarship Program ($210k/year), the Robert H. Short / CCF Scholars Program ($530k/year), and student / parent education on student debt and financial aid.
4) Improving Education Outcomes: by improving high school graduation rates, increasing grade level reading by third grade, and growing parental involvement in children’s education.
5) Improving Quality of Life for All through support for:
- Excellent and Accessible Arts, Recreation, and Culture
- Healthy and Vital Community
- Opportunities for Youth Development
- Basic Needs for Vulnerable Populations
- Safety and Quality of Life for Senior Citizens
- Protecting Companion Animals
- Environmental Protection and Education
6) Strengthening Local Nonprofit Organizations: through training opportunities for nonprofit staff and volunteers, office space, meeting space, the Mary Lynn McCree Bryan Leadership Award, and Community Grants for capacity building.
GrantWatch ID#: 173678
Cumberland Community Foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations based in Cumberland County, NC in order to improve the quality and spirit of community life.
June – August 2017 – Grantee info sessions, required to apply:
All organizations intending to apply must attend a grant information session unless the applicant attended a session in 2016. The grant information session is designed to help you to learn about funding opportunities, eligibility, and application guidelines. These sessions will be held in the CCF Board Room (308 Green Street).
Registration is limited to 10 participants per session. Grant information sessions are free and open to the public, but registration is required.
There are two ways to register:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the date you will attend, the name of your charitable organization, and the contact information (name, phone number, address, and email address) of each attendee.
- Call 910-483-4449 ext. 101 to register by phone between 9am and 2pm.
Sessions will be held on:
June 27 at 9:00 a.m.
June 28 at 2:00 p.m.
June 29 at 9:00 a.m.
June 29 at 11:00 a.m.
July 11 at 9:00 a.m.
July 13 at 9:00 a.m.
July 13 at 3:00 p.m.
July 19 at 9:00 a.m.
July 19 at 1:00 p.m.
August 2 at 9:00 a.m.
August 2 at 11:00 a.m.
August 3 at 11:00 a.m..
August 8 at 9:00 a.m.
August 8 at 1:00 p.m.
August 9 at 9:00 a.m.
Click here for more information: http://www.cumberlandcf.org/grants/grants-overview/
August 10, 2017 at 5pm – Next deadline to apply
June – August 2017 – Grantee info sessions, required to apply
September 12, 2017 – First meeting of committee to consider applications
September 21, 2017 – Board approval
November 1, 2017 – Notifications go out
How to Apply: http://www.cumberlandcf.org/grants/how-to-apply/
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to see a listing of each 2017-2018 Community Grants opportunity, including deadlines, funding amounts, and priority areas.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Cumberland Community Foundation, Inc.
308 Green Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301
USA: North Carolina: Cumberland County