Foundation / Corporation
Parks Foundation Calgary
Grants of up to $25,000 to Calgary, Alberta nonprofits and educational institutions for projects that will enhance the local community's public parks and green areas. Applicants must contact the Foundation before applying. The Foundation's goal is to build community capacity and promote stewardship for children and community residents, by supporting the development of new and valued community spaces.
Types of Eligible Projects:
- Traditional Playgrounds
- Fitness Parks
- Natural Playgrounds
- Park Revitalization Projects
- Outdoor Classrooms
- Community hubs
Applications are reviewed and evaluated by the Building Communities Advisory Committee using the following criteria:
- Social and community need as it relates to parks and community spaces
- Benefit and flexible use of project elements that will allow a variety of demographics to use and feel welcome in the space
- How the project will support community cohesion and contribute to innovative and multi-use park amenities
- Essential need for financial assistance, as well as the funding commitment from the applicant organization, or other funding sources, to ensure your project reaches success
- The project must be within the Calgary municipal boundaries
GrantWatch ID#: 173761
Up to $25,000
The Grantee shall use the Building Communities Grant funds solely towards the described project within 12 months of approval.
Those eligible may be any organization, educational institution or group that:
- Is registered as a nonprofit society and has a Certificate of Incorporation
- Has objectives relating to parks and active communities
- Is located within the City of Calgary municipal boundaries
Grants are provided to schools, parent associations, community associations and other organizations that meet the eligibility requirements.
Any organization, club, community association, school, or group may apply if it:
- Has completed our Project Gift Administration application
- Is registered as a non-profit society and have a Certificate of Incorporation
- Has objectives and programs relating to parks and playgrounds
- Demonstrates community need
- Retroactive funding
- Projects not accessible to the public
- Projects outside of the Calgary city limits
- Programming/administrative costs
Please contact Sara Stepa, Grant Program Manager to discuss your project idea prior to submitting an application.
Applications deadlines are:
- January 15th
- May 15th
- October 15th
Applications are reviewed by our Building Communities Advisory Committee. The review process may take up to eight weeks.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send applications by mail or email to:
Sara Stepa, Grant Program Manager
Building Communities Program
Parks Foundation Calgary
225–13 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1N8