Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation of the Dan River Region
Grants to Virginia and North Carolina nonprofit organizations to benefit those living in eligible communities (listed below). Proposals should describe anticipated positive outcomes and a method of evaluation for project success. Eligible communities include Danville and Pittsylvania Counties in Virginia, and Caswell County in North Carolina.
GrantWatch ID#: 173776
Grant term will be twelve months.
- The organization must have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status in good standing.
- The organization must serve citizens in the regions of Danville, Pittsylvania, and Caswell Counties.
All applications must be submitted online (see link below).
Additional Information: https://cfdrrgrants.academicworks.com/opportunities/226
- Early June: The Grant Application process is opened and notices are mailed to all organizations on the Fund's mailing list
- Early August (Exact Date - July 31): Deadline for Grant Applications
- Late September: Community Foundation first-cut response sent to organizations
- October/November: Members of the Distribution Committee review applications and conduct site visits before they meet in mid-November
- Mid December: Community Foundation Board approves recommendations made by Distribution Committee
- Late December: Notification letters are mailed to organizations
- Mid January: Grant Reception held and checks are presented to the finalists
- Late June: Interim Grant Report Due
- Late December: Final Grant Report Due
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: North Carolina: Caswell County; Virginia: Danville and Pittsylvania Counties