Foundation / Corporation
Subaru of America (SOA) Foundation
Grants averaging a minimum of $5,000 to USA nonprofits in multiple states for education and environmental stewardship programs for children and youth (through twelfth grade) and for employment skills training programs. For the purposes of these grants, the funding source will not consider requests outside of the following locations:
- Corporate Headquarters: Camden, NJ; Cherry Hill, NJ; Pennsauken, NJ; Southern NJ but mainly Camden and Burlington Counties, NJ
- Eastern Region: Florence, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; Washington, DC; Montgomery, Prince George’s, Frederick, Howard Counties in MD; Fairfax, Loudon, and Prince William Counties in VA
- Central Region: Itasca, IL; Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX
- Western Region: Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; San Diego, CA; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA
Funding will be provided for programs that enhance the academic learning experience for youth (through grade twelve), including but not limited to STEAM education initiatives and diversity initiatives.
Funding will be provided for programs that encourage youth (through grade twelve) to engage in environmental stewardship.
Employment Skills Training:
Subaru of America Foundation, Inc. seeks partnerships with organizations committed to helping unemployed and under-employed young people become self-sufficient through job training, mentoring, and work experience leading to obtaining and retaining employment. The Foundation will consider partnerships with established organizations with proven records of success in training and gainful employment strategies that achieve the following:
- Work with underserved communities and youth ages 16-26
- Help develop the soft and hard skills necessary to (re)connect to employment pathways
- Provide STEAM-based training leading to employment opportunities
- Provide a support network for mentoring, coaching, and counseling as it relates to building employment skills and eliminating barriers to success
- Assist in obtaining industry-appropriate certifications that may aid in getting employment
- Create and nurture partnerships for internships and job placement
- Track employment of participants for at least one year past graduation
GrantWatch ID#: 173810
Average minimum grants are $5,000. Grants in the corporate headquarters location may be higher.
Only organizations that are tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code may apply.
- Veterans, fraternal and labor organizations
- Government agencies
- Direct support of churches, religious or sectarian groups
- Schools including individual public, private, renaissance, charter schools, and school districts
- Social, membership or other groups that serve the special interests of their constituency
- Sponsorships of special events, purchase of tables or ads, and athletic campaigns
- Capital campaigns
- Political organizations, campaigns or candidates running for public office
- Organizations and programs that benefit individuals outside the United States
- Organizations which, in policy or practice, discriminate against a person or group on the basis of age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military status or political affiliation.
- Organizations that are current Subaru Share the Love or Hometown Charities partners
- Vehicle donations
Please note that the Employment Skills Training focus area does not include support for:
- Career exploration for students in high school
- Career exploration for youth attending or entering college
Applications for education and environment will not be accepted past the August 31, 2017 deadline. This grace period will end at that time and will not be extended. Please note that the Foundation can only accept one proposal from an organization within a 12 month period so this grace period may impact recent grantees.
Organizations that have received three consecutive grants must take a one-year break in requesting funding.
The application process is via an online portal (see link below). Grant applications with missing information or documentation will not be considered and be declined.
Funding cycle: Spring funding cycle
Applications Due: March 10
Grant Receipt: June/July
Funding cycle: Fall funding cycle
Applications Due: August 31
Grant Receipt: December
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Education/Environment grant application : https://www.GrantRequest.com/SID_2333?SA=SNA&FID=35008
Employment grant appilcation: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2333?SA=SNA&FID=35007
Subaru of America Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 6000
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000
USA: Arizona: Phoenix; California: San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco; Colorado: Denver; Florida: Orlando; Georgia: Atlanta; Illinois: Itasca and Chicago; Maryland: Montgomery, Prince George’s, Frederick, and Howard Counties; Minnesota: Minneapolis; New Jersey: Camden, Cherry Hill, Florence, Pennsauken, Southern NJ (but mainly Camden and Burlington Counties); Ohio: Columbus; Oregon: Portland; Pennsylvania: Philadelphia; Texas: Dallas; Virginia: Fairfax, Loudon, and Prince William Counties; Washington, DC; Washington: Seattle