Foundation / Corporation
Arts Council for Long Beach
Grants of up to $1,000 to Long Beach, California artists for projects benefiting the local community and professional development. Projects must be free and open to the public. Professional development grants should enhance the artist's ability to serve local residents.
Project Microgrants are available year-round until funding in the category is depleted for the fiscal year. Projects must be free, open to the public and must benefit the residents of Long Beach. Worthy projects will support community representation and cultural respect; encourage cultural diversity; and/or enhance underserved communities, neighborhoods or populations of Long Beach.
Professional Development Grants are for individual arts professionals and individuals representing a Long Beach arts organization to participate in a workshop, seminar, class or training geared towards enhancing the professional skills of the applicant on behalf of their sponsoring organization or for enhancing the marketing/business/professional skills of an individual artist. Applicants can apply for support to attend a workshop announced through Arts Council for Long Beach or present the Arts Council with an unaffiliated workshop/professional development opportunity as part of the grant application.
For more information about what types of projects the Arts Council for Long Beach funds, see: http://artslb.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Project-Microgrant-Guidelines-2018-2019.pdf#page=3.
GrantWatch ID#: 173829
- Applicants may request a maximum of $1,000.
- For Professional Development applications the Arts Council may fund up to half of the conference fees. For conferences taking place outside of Long Beach the Arts Council may fund up to $500.
Cycle 1: Events Dates: October 1–December 31, 2018
Cycle 2: Events Dates: January 1–March 31, 2019
Cycle 3: Events Dates: April 1–June 30, 2019
Cycle 4: Events Dates: July 1–September 30, 2019
Artists may apply. You do not need to have a 501(c)3 to apply for a Microgrant.
Who is not Eligible to Apply
- Current Arts Council for Long Beach staff or members of the Board of Directors or immediate family members
- Applicants with incomplete grant contracts funded by Arts Council for Long Beach in previous years
- Applicants who have received one or more microgrant within the current fiscal year totaling $1,000
- Applicants may not be recipients of a 2018–2019 Operating Grant II through the Arts Council for Long Beach.
- Project venue must be located in the City of Long Beach
- Project must be mostly planned out and will take place with our without the Arts Council’s funding
- Event must be open to the public
- Projects must not have happened before the date of submission
- Project must benefit the Long Beach arts and cultural sector
What Arts Council for Long Beach Does not Fund
- Travel expenses for professional development
- Purchase of works of art
- Purchase of permanent equipment, land, buildings, or construction services (capital expenditures)
- Fundraising events
- Trusts or endowments
- Debt reduction efforts or ongoing deficit operations
- Programs with religious or sectarian purposes or that are part of scheduled religious services
- Expenses incurred before the start date of the grant contract
- Programs which aid or service political campaigns or political groups
Applications are accepted on a quarterly basis:
Cycle 1: Events Dates: October 1 – December 31, 2018; Application Deadline: September 15
Cycle 2: Events Dates: January 1 – March 31, 2019; Application Deadline: November 15
Cycle 3: Events Dates: April 1 – June 30, 2019; Application Deadline: February 15
Cycle 4: Events Dates: July 1 – September 30, 2019; Application Deadline: May 15
All applications received by the application deadline will be reviewed and decided upon by the end of the following month.
All applications must be submitted online. Please do not submit hard copies of the application and artistic documentation.
Both of the Arts Council’s Microgrant programs accept applications throughout the year until funds have been fully allocated.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
- Microgrant application: http://artslb.org/programs/grants/grant-applications/project-microgrant-application/
- Professional Development application: http://artslb.org/programs/grants/grant-applications/professional-development-microgrant-application/
For questions or assistance with your grant application, please contact Lisa Desmidt, Marketing and Grant Manager: email@example.com or (562) 435-ARTS ex: 104
City of Long Beach Council District Map: http://www.longbeach.gov/globalassets/ti/media-library/documents/gis/map-catalog/council_medium_24x28l_photos/
USA: California: City of Long Beach