Foundation / Corporation
Grants starting at $5,000 to Monterey County, California nonprofit organizations for programs, capital projects, and operational support to benefit local residents. Focus areas include health, arts, culture, senior citizens, children, youth, families, animal welfare, agricultural education, and the environment. Special attention will be given to organizations serving the Salinas Valley.
The Foundation seeks to support nonprofit organizations that will achieve all or some of the following objectives:
- Improve the well-being of young people
- Strengthen the family
- Develop individual self-reliance and health
- Prevent inappropriate institutionalization of individuals
- Improve the quality of life through cultural activities
- Encourage more humane treatment of animals
- Eliminate duplication and improve coordination of social and community services
Types of Support:
- The Foundation will consider capital projects, programs, and operating support.
- The Harden Foundation will consider core operating support not to exceed one-third of the operating budget except for start-up funds.
- The Harden Foundation may support capital funding for the purchase, construction or renovation of facilities or other physical infrastructure. The purpose of the capital project must be to support the broader goals of the organization.
- Requests to purchase equipment for a program or organization will be considered if there is a demonstrated link between the equipment and the project or the proposed activities of the organization.
GrantWatch ID#: 173955
Typically, grants range from $5,000 to $100,000, and higher for major or capital projects. Operating grants will not be made in amounts exceeding one-third of the operating budget of the organization except for start-up funds.
Multi-year grants will be considered only in exceptional cases. Requests for ongoing operating support are discouraged. In general, operating grants for start-up programs will be made for a maximum of two (2) years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications can be sent via e-mail to email@example.com, or by mail to the address below. For applications submitted by e-mail in Word format, a copy of the signed Grant Application Form (page 7 of the Harden Foundation Grant Application) should be mailed to the Foundation.
P. O. Box 779
Salinas, CA 93902
1636 Ercia Street
Salinas, CA 93906
Joe Grainger - Executive Director
Maria H. Guerrero - Senior Program Officer
USA: California: Monterey County