Foundation / Corporation
Chicago Foundation for Women (CFW)
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to Illinois nonprofits for collaborative and innovative solutions to domestic and intimate partner violence in the counties of Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, and Will. A letter of intent is due June 20, 2018. Planning for collaborative, community-centered, and intersectional approaches are especially encouraged.
FIRST seeks to support organizations and/or collaboratives to think and plan beyond conventional approaches, and it hopes to foster strategic, innovative and actionable solutions to entrenched problems facing survivors of DV and IPV. This opportunity is designed as a vehicle for planning; it is hoped that other resources can be leveraged to further support the most fruitful concepts, demonstrating the greatest promise for impact.
Whether you are building upon innovative ideas, launching FIRST conversations with potential partners, cocreating FIRST collaborative efforts, or working out details of your FIRST pilot, this fund is intended to advance your planning towards a transformative vision to address domestic violence.
Sample proposals might include a strategic plan to chart organizational direction toward increased collaboration with the housing sector; consulting support to expand services to under-resourced Chicagoland communities; or a back-office collaborative or technology platform to coordinate program delivery. Planning processes that aim toward strengthening systems, partnering across sectors, incorporating input from larger communities, and engaging individuals with lived experience are especially encouraged. While FIRST prioritizes supporting processes that align with findings from the SIRC report, it is open to other ideas that address practice and policy issues in the DV and IPV fields.
GrantWatch ID#: 173981
The grant amount ranges between $5,000 and $25,000.
These are one-year grants which may be used to support all or part of the planning phase. (Planning phases can be less than one year).
FIRST is open to organizations:
- That have 501(c)(3) designations or fiscal agent with a 501(c)3 status
- That provide services to survivors or perpetrators of DV or IPV
- That work on other community issues that correlate to, or have significant impact on, the long-term stability and resilience of families and/or individuals experiencing DV or IPV.
- That provide services in the six county Chicago metropolitan area (Cook, Lake, DuPage, Kane, Kendall and McHenry counties)
An information session for organizations interested in the Family and Interpersonal Resilience and Safety Transformation (FIRST) Fund will take place at Chicago Foundation for Women, Friday, May 11 from 2 - 3:30 p.m.
- May 11 2018: In-Person Orientation Session (at CFW, 140 S. Dearborn, 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603)
- June 20, 2018: LOIs must be completed online by 11:59 p.m.
- July 16, 2018: Notices sent to LOI applicants considered for full proposals
- August 31, 2018: Deadline for full proposal
- October 1, 2108: Notification of grant awards
- October 1-15, 2018: Disbursement of grant awards
- April 2019: Convening of all grant awardees
- October 15, 2019: Progress Report
Complete the Prospective Applicant Eligibility Quiz to help you determine if your organization and/or project meets the basic funding requirements. If yes, please send in the Letter of Inquiry that best fits your program/organizations’ needs. Eligible nonprofit organizations should submit a Letter of Inquiry by June 20, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/cfw/Common/LogOn.aspx
RSVP to grantmaking orientations:
Lora York, Program Officer
Phone: (312) 577-2814
Laura McAlpine, Consultant at McAlpine Consulting for Growth, LLC
Chicago Foundation for Women
140 S. Dearborn Street, Suite 400
Chicago, Illinois 60603
USA: Illinois: Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will Counties