Foundation / Corporation
New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) - Genesee-Orleans Regional Arts Council
09/28/18 11:59 PM
Grants of $2,500 to Genesee and Orleans Counties, New York individual artists for creating new artwork. Applicants who did not attend a grant workshop in 2017 are required to attend one before submitting an application. Funding is intended to engage writers, composers, and visual artists in the creation of original work.
The GO ART! Individual Artist Commission (RIPPLE Grant) supports local, artist-initiated activity, and highlights the role of artists as important members of the community. The Commission is for artistic projects with outstanding artistic merit that work within a community setting.
Artists at various career stages are welcome to apply.
The work must be artist initiated and reflect community life, culture, and/or engage local communities. The project should involve a segment of the community through some sort of feedback, response, interaction (such as a showing, exhibition, public performance, etc.), and/or social practice.
Remember this is a project support grant program, all expenses should be related to supporting a specific project.
- Artist fees for performing, teaching, or providing services
- Marketing/publicity costs
- Direct administrative expenses related to the proposed project
- Expendable project –related supplies and materials
- Project-related travel expenses
- Project-related rental of space and equipment
- Project-related technical fees
- Projects that are targeted at communities with limited access to the arts
- Projects that highlight the diverse array of arts and cultural offerings
- Projects that are collaborative among artists and/or organizations
GrantWatch ID#: 174012
Up to four grants will be awarded per County.
Project period: January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019.
- Must have a permanent address in the same county the project is taking place
- Individual artists
- Must be over the age of 18
- Public or private schools districts, universities, or colleges
- Departments or agencies of New York State (this includes BOCES)
- Applicants with outstanding final reports from prior year GO ART! grants
- Applicants living outside of the county in which the grant project is taking place without a fiscal sponsor
- Organizations or individuals that have applied directly to the New York State Council on the Arts for the 2019 grant cycle, regardless of funding status. This includes NYSCA REDC.
- Organizations or individuals that have applied for the exact same project 3 years in a row (starting with 2019’s application)
Funding will not be provided for the items listed below. By including ineligible expenses in your budget or narrative, you may disqualify your entire application from being considered. If you have questions about expenses, just ask!
- General operating expenses
- Operating expenses of privately owned facilities
- Permanent equipment or capital improvements
- Cash prizes, juried shows, scholarships, fellowships, awards to students
- Activities to not open to the general public such as camps or clubs
- Events that take place in private homes or studios
- Entertainment costs including food/drink or receptions/parties/fundraisers
- Creation of textbooks or classroom materials
- Programs in which children are used as professional artists (paid a fee)
- Regrants by applicants to fund other activities
- Activities that are non-arts related including balloons, clowns, magic
- Projects that are recreational, liturgical (for the purpose of worship), therapeutic, or rehabilitative in nature
- At-risk social service programs when the focus is primarily for rehabilitative or therapeutic purposes
- Acquisition of works of art, art restoration, or art preservation
- Contingency funds
- Lobbying expenses
Applicants (new and old) that did not attend a workshop in 2017 for the 2018 grant cycle are required to attend an informational seminar.
Free DEC Grant Workshop Dates:
- Tuesday, July 24, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
GO ART! 201 E. Main St, Batavia, NY
- Wednesday, July 25, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Holley Community Free Library, 86 Public Square, Holley, NY
- Saturday, July 28, 2018 @ 10:00 AM
GO ART!, 201 E. Main St, Batavia, NY
- Wednesday, August 1, 2018 @ 7:00 PM
Lee Whedon Memorial Library, 620 West Ave, Medina, NY
- Thursday, August 2, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Yates Community Library, 15 North Main St, Lyndonville, NY
- Saturday, August 4, 2018 @ 10:30 AM
Woodward Memorial Library, 7 Wolcott St, LeRoy, NY
- Tuesday, August 7, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Salih Studio, 24 E Bank St, Albion, NY
- Wednesday, August 8, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Byron Bergen Public Library, 18 South Lake Ave, Bergen, NY
- Thursday, August 9, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Corfu Free Library, 7 Maple Ave, Corfu, NY
Ripple Grant Deadline - September 28, 2018. The application portal will open on July 23, 2018.
If you would like your application reviewed by the DEC Coordinator it must be emailed to Jodie Fisher by September 14th, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: http://www.goart.submittable.com/
If you have any questions about the DEC Grants Program please contact Jodi Fisher via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (585)343-9313.
Genesee-Orleans Regional Arts Council
201 East Main Street
Batavia, New York 14020
USA: New York: Genesee and Orleans Counties